Teenage Girl Arrested For Burning Koran

Topic locked
Re: Teenage girl arrested for burning Koran Apr 11, 2011
event horizon wrote:Berrin, Glenn Greenwald covers most of your arguments in the link I provided.
Since he explains his position on freedom of speech, which is mine as well, much better than I could ever explain my support for the freedom of speech, I advise you to read his article

According to your copy and paste piece Glenn Greenwald says that, if quran is seen to be most marginalized, repellent, provocative and has offensive ideas(like infidels claim) than it should be protected cause those are the views that are always targeted for suppression, as has been repeatedly seen in history, ideas that are despised and marginalized are often proven right, while ideas that enjoy the status of orthodoxy prove to be deeply erroneous or even evil......
Like that very much:)))So shall I just invite you to kiss the quran EH, now that we have the description of free speech according to your guru...you should bow down before him and his idea...

And don't forget EH he also says that those who endorse the notion that ideas(the quran) they hate should be forcibly suppressed inevitably — and deservedly — will have their own ideas eventually targeted by the same repressive instruments.

But I agree with you on one point tho, you as a disbeliever can indeed buy a quran as a book to be your private possesion and burn it in your privacy away from the eyes of other people. Now that would be a conduct that wouldn't incite violence amongst the public but stay as a matter between you and your creator to be sorted out later in the hereafter..

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Teenage Girl Arrested For Burning Koran Apr 20, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:
mesheditor wrote:EH , you make this forum so cheap like yourself , I dont know wether u live in dubai or not but it makes me sad knowing that people like yourself living among us. it can be dangerous. I never payed attention to this Terry Johns feather but I am sure many have done so. a mad with a common sense can tell that you are the biggest hater in this forum hiding your true personality behind that pc . why westernizing the entire world ? I am being blessed to be born away from your corrupted sociaty that is truely full of scumbags like yourslef.

Do get a life! EH is entitled to his opinion and in my opinion speaks a lot of home truths.
EH is no way near the biggest hater on DF!
You are obviously a Muslim. To be born with this affliction is truely sad. You are, more to be pitied, than scorned.

He is a hater and a coward too , i dont see him walking around burning the quran or hating people because they stick to what they want to stick with , freedom includes freedom of religion , why folks like EH trying to hurt people who belong somewhere, as I am sure most of you folks are nomads . Arabs are muslims , you wanna piss em off find something different to piss em off with . so I do have a life and I thank god for it , what about you ? what life do you have beside evil ? if Terry Johns or EH read a page of the quran , just a single page , you will know that all they doing is hurting people in this part of the word, other people from the west depend on being safe around here in UAE atleast and you are not helping at all . just creating hate. hater
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Teenage girl arrested for burning Koran Apr 20, 2011
Try applying a thought experiment to your post, how is my burning of my own Koran infringing on your religious freedoms?
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Teenage Girl Arrested For Burning Koran Apr 21, 2011
If teenage girl burnt Koran we should not give him any punishment. I think she didn't know that it is sin to burn the holy book of Muslim religion.
pravin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Teenage Girl Arrested For Burning Koran Apr 21, 2011
mesheditor wrote:other people from the west depend on being safe around here in UAE atleast and you are not helping at all.

Always very telling how you guys need to express implicit or explicit threats.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Teenage girl arrested for burning Koran Apr 21, 2011
Reality check here people:

The Kora'an is a book. Written by man, on paper made by man, printed by man, read by man, interpreted by man, used by man to control other men (and women) and is therefore in existence in the real world and thus is transient. What happens when it deteriorates naturally through age or natural disaster? If your copy of the Kora'an is in your house and the house burns down do you seek to attack the fireman because he did not save it in time?

The Bible is the same.

So is the Torah.

If people stopped blindly believing in books and concentrated on being human beings, then maybe there would be less strife and suffering on this rock we are stuck on.

Incidentally, I am Jedi and therefore above all human interpretations of religious rote and indoctrination.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Teenage girl arrested for burning Koran Apr 22, 2011
Dubai Knight wrote:Reality check here people:

The Kora'an is a book. Written by man, on paper made by man, printed by man, read by man, interpreted by man, used by man to control other men (and women) and is therefore in existence in the real world and thus is transient. What happens when it deteriorates naturally through age or natural disaster? If your copy of the Kora'an is in your house and the house burns down do you seek to attack the fireman because he did not save it in time?

The Bible is the same.

So is the Torah.

If people stopped blindly believing in books and concentrated on being human beings, then maybe there would be less strife and suffering on this rock we are stuck on.

Incidentally, I am Jedi and therefore above all human interpretations of religious rote and indoctrination.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

+1
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk