Taleban Warn Obama On Troop Plans

Topic locked
Taleban warn Obama on troop plans Nov 06, 2008
Taleban warn Obama on troop plans

BBC News

Link to Article

November 5, 2008

Taleban militants in Afghanistan and Pakistan have given a lukewarm response to the election of Barack Obama as the new US president.

"There is neither joy nor sorrow among our ranks by the election of Barack Obama," Afghan Taleban spokesman Qari Yousuf Ahmadi told the BBC.

He also urged Mr Obama not to send more American troops to Afghanistan.

During a visit to Afghanistan in July, Mr Obama said the country should be the main focus of the "war on terror".

Mr Obama had vowed to send more troops to Afghanistan during his election campaign.

"If Mr Obama follows through on his election pledges, we will not be pleased with his election," Mr Ahmadi told the BBC Urdu Service.

"The question is not about a change in the face of the American president, but a change in American policy."

The spokesman was also asked if the Taleban would be willing to hold talks with the new US administration.

"Talks can only be held on the condition that all American and coalition forces are withdrawn from Afghanistan," he said.

'Armed struggle to continue'

The Pakistani Taleban told Mr Obama not to follow the policies of President Bush.

"Till the time American forces leave Afghanistan and Iraq, and till the US pressure on the Pakistan government is maintained, the change in America's leadership will be a meaningless thing," Muslim Khan, a Taleban spokesman, told the BBC.

"If President-elect Barack Obama continues the previous policies in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the implementation of Islamic law in Pakistan is prevented, then our armed struggle against America will continue."

britisharab
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 06, 2008
britisharab
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 06, 2008
Nothing personal BA, but your anti US cut and paste slanted posts should be in the Politics and Religion Forum and not here in General Chit Chat.

Mods please move.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 09, 2008
I don't think his posts belong anywhere at all.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 29, 2008
british arab keep up the good work. Chocs BA is entitled to say whatever he says and post whatever he posts. Its something known as freedom of speech ;).
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2008
rudeboy, I can't believe you support someone who just comes here to cut and paste propaganda. I bet you'd feel differently about someone coming here and posting anti-Arab or anti-Islam propaganda. You wouldn't be talking about free speech then :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Nov 30, 2008
RB, all he posts is complete and utter rubbish! He has no opinion of his own. It's ridiculous.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 30, 2008
chocs & kanelli,

in the world we live in there is a clash of civilization. East vs West or Islam vs Israel, Usa, Russia and India.

everyone is entitled to say whatever they want to say. it might be propoganda to you but to some ppl it might be the truth and vice versa.

Terroists to you mujahadeen to muslims.

Bush to you might be a great guy, to muslims he is a terroist using bombs to kill innocent ppl.

Yes I would hate if someone posts anti-islam propoganda. Y because it has no truth in it and I know what exactly islam says. so I know whats right and whats wrong. If you mix islam with the wrong reasons obviously i would be pissed.

Wouldnt you be pissed off if the whole media was saying you are a theif and killed many ppl when you know the truth?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2008
Bush is an idiot and everyone knows it, so don't put words into our mouths.

How about BA gets the hell outta my country! Because 'locals' don't like those kind of attitudes!

The point is BA HAS NO opinion! Not once has he expressed his own views! Just cut and paste. He's a drone with no brain. People like that are dangerous, because they insight others with no educated reasoning.

End of.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 30, 2008
rudeboy, what do you mean by Islam vs. Israel, USA, Russia and India? And those countries in particular? There are muslims in all those countries in you mentioned. In fact, the second largest muslim population is found in India. So how come they are clashing with themselves? Besides, when you say "Terrorists to you mujahadeen to muslims" it means that you are confirming that terrorists are mujahadeen. Bush was never a great guy to "them" (who are "you" you are referring to by the way?) Bush has always been an idiot, to all the world. No one likes war and no one can understand a person who enters into two major wars in one administration and causing his country to lose all of these souls and resources. Anti islamic propaganda has no truth in your and my views but it might have truth in the eyes of those who post them. This is what called freedom of expression. I have been here for some days now reading some of the posts and not once I found a post literally "written" by BA. I started to believe he is a program that cuts and pastes. This is not freedom of speech, this is freedom of cutting and pasting.
o.
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 30, 2008
chocs his opinion is clear. he obviously hates america and their foreign policy. obama or no obama they all are the same. they want war and want to go around establishing bases around the world. Hitler did that and he got booted out, USA is doing it and we all are allowing it.

it might be propoganda to U a western but to us its not propoganda and makes sense.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2008
You still did not answer my questions :(
o.
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 30, 2008
o. wrote:You still did not answer my questions :(

O. All the wars or conflicts going on are againt Israel, USA, Russia and India. Israel there is palestine. USA and their foreign policy in Iraq, Iran, Libya, Saudi, Yemen, Pakistan etc the list goes on, too many enemies of USA. Russia the conflict going on in checheyna (sorry for the spelling). India there is the kashmir conflict.

Y i mentioned these countries? because there are the major ones which involves an Islamic state.

Yes there are more muslims in India then there are in Pakistan. Yet most of the muslims in india are oppressed and I wouldnt be suprised off finding many indian muslims living in UAE and other parts of the middle east.

I am not confirming that mujahdeens are terrorists. When the soviet attacked Afghanistan the same mujahdeens were in action and were the ally of USA. And the same mujahdeens are now attacking USA forces in Afghanistan and over night they become TERROISTS? a bit convienent in it? because they target USA forces and in the process kill civilians as well? I think an USA pilot flying a bomber and throwing a bomb from miles away is a terroist as well because YES he is fighting a war but in the process he will kill civilians?

Like i said its a clash of civilizations. ppl in the west will believe in something that does make sense while others in the east wont.

to me a person fighting for his freedom in kashmir is a mujhadeen but to those in the west he might be a terroist. I know the truth and what goes on in kashmir whereas the ppl in the west sitting comfortably will believe CNN and what CNN and the Indian media potray.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 01, 2008
rudeboy, do you even know what propaganda is?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 01, 2008
kanelli wrote:rudeboy, do you even know what propaganda is?

Yes Kanelli i do know what propoganda is. Are you saying that ppl being killed in Palestine, Kashmir and Checheyna is propoganda?

Are you saying that the women being raped in Kashmir by Indian forces is propoganda?

The Germans were blind, they believed in whatever Hitler told them. They fought a war against the world for him. They fought with him till the end.

Ok fine Al Qaeda was behind 9/11. But look at it from the other side i.e ppl in the Islamic countries who think the whole 9/11 was a stunt where radio control empty jets were flown into 2 buildings and the whole thing was blamed on Islamic Extremists.

Recently I am sure you must have heard about Mumbhai bombings. Indian gov and media was saying Pakistan was behind all this even before the terroists were even captured. Is that not propoganda?

9/11 changed the whole world. Have you or me benefitted from it? No the world is not a safe place any more for ppl like you and me. What we post on the forum is noted all the time. Who knows maybe are phones are tapped. Every time you fly out, you are asked to take of your shoes and go through a thorough search. I dont like it and am sure you dont like it either.

Propoganda is on the western news all day long. If there is a bombing around the world the words Islamic Extremists pops up and we will believe our govt thinking that Islamic terroists were really behind it. But how do you know that your government is not behind it?

You live in a Islamic country you tell me are muslims really extremists?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 02, 2008
RB, you have a very black and white view of the world. There are lots of grey areas.

You can't encompass ALL people as something or another. We all know the majority of Muslims are peaceful people, however you do have your fanatics! Look at the loony preachers in the UK ranting and raving and insighting people! The thing that really gets me, is that the rest of the Muslim community does nothing, absolutely nothing to weed these people out and condem their teachings as wrong. That's let to everyone else to do.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 02, 2008
I asked you if you knew what propaganda is rudeboy.

Coming to an internet forum and posting cut and paste articles that are stating only negative, one-sided views is propaganda designed to incite people on this forum. britisharab doesn't try to discuss anything, just bombards the forum with crap.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 04, 2008
rudeboy wrote:chocs his opinion is clear. he obviously hates america and their foreign policy. obama or no obama they all are the same. they want war and want to go around establishing bases around the world. Hitler did that and he got booted out, USA is doing it and we all are allowing it.

it might be propoganda to U a western but to us its not propoganda and makes sense.

It strikes me that he may have an opinion, and yes he is entitled to express it here, however it is not his own opinion he posts; merely cut and paste from a one sided biased propaganda point of view. It is not constructive and certainly not factually correct, merely speculation and propagandist.

For your historical information Hitler did no go around setting up bases, he simply invaded en masse in a blitzkrieg as a total expansionist strategy. Full occupation with the mass movement of German nationals to take over the land for themselves. To date, the US has not done this and is attempting to act as a police force. I agree that this is a flawed military strategy and perhaps Obama will be able to rectify some of the mistakes?

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote: To date, the US has not done this and is attempting to act as a police force.
Knight

Knight, I don't quite understand which police function are you talking about?

Two sovereign states has been invaded by massive military attack using cooking clue.

SU was called "The Evil empire" after intervention to Afganistan in 1979. Tell me what's the difference between them and US?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 06, 2008
kanelli wrote:I asked you if you knew what propaganda is rudeboy.

Coming to an internet forum and posting cut and paste articles that are stating only negative, one-sided views is propaganda designed to incite people on this forum. britisharab doesn't try to discuss anything, just bombards the forum with crap.

kanelli i do know what propoganda is.

There have been millions of anti-islam articles which have been cut and pasted here. Yet no1 including yourself kanelli ever questioned whether those posts were propoganda. I guess they were abit convient to you ;).
Please dont ask me to show you a link because we all know there have been anti-islam articles which have been cut and pasted here. If you dont believe me just go on the other forum you will find some guy called "Ebonics" doing a good job yet I dont see anyone questioning his propoganda skills!!!.

I have said it before and will say it again, there is a clash of civilizations, cultures and religions. East vs West, If we dont understand each other we will not live peacefully on earth. we will continue killing each other.
Whatever BA has posted might seem propoganda to you but to so many it seems to be the truth.

To me sept 11 was a propoganda stunt so that a group of highly powerful ppl can do whatever they want to do. While us normal ppl including me and you and even the guys fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan pay for their lives.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
rudeboy wrote:chocs his opinion is clear. he obviously hates america and their foreign policy. obama or no obama they all are the same. they want war and want to go around establishing bases around the world. Hitler did that and he got booted out, USA is doing it and we all are allowing it.

It strikes me that he may have an opinion, and yes he is entitled to express it here, however it is not his own opinion he posts; merely cut and paste from a one sided biased propaganda point of view. It is not constructive and certainly not factually correct, merely speculation and propagandist.

For your historical information Hitler did no go around setting up bases, he simply invaded en masse in a blitzkrieg as a total expansionist strategy. Full occupation with the mass movement of German nationals to take over the land for themselves. To date, the US has not done this and is attempting to act as a police force. I agree that this is a flawed military strategy and perhaps Obama will be able to rectify some of the mistakes?

Knight

What he has posted might be true. Who knows do you know? who knows islamic terroists could have been behind it. But who knows maybe the Jewish secret service together with the Hindu extremists could have been behind the whole thing and they blamed it on Islamic Extremists?

Same goes with Sept 11. We all have been led to beleive that 9/11 was carried out by Al Qaeda. But for all we know osama bin laden has died in afghanistan YEARS ago. Who knows the fbi cia were behind the 9/11 on the orders of bush so that they could do whatever they want. Attack which ever country they wish to. hook into normal individuals telephone lines and listen to exact and every word they say.
Like I said Bush and all the other politicians may have benefitted from 9/11 individually. and individuals such as you and me have once AGAIN suffered. The world is not a safer world for us. Our soilders are being killed for what? Osama Bin Laden? A person who has probably died YEARS AGO. I know you probably thinking oh our government will not do this. But I guess the Germans thought the same about Hitler and look what happened to them ;).

Before its too late open ur eyes guys
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2008
rudeboy wrote:There have been millions of anti-islam articles which have been cut and pasted here.

I don't think so - today DF says...

Our users have posted a total of 228448 articles
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 06, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:RB, you have a very black and white view of the world. There are lots of grey areas.

You can't encompass ALL people as something or another. We all know the majority of Muslims are peaceful people, however you do have your fanatics! Look at the loony preachers in the UK ranting and raving and insighting people! The thing that really gets me, is that the rest of the Muslim community does nothing, absolutely nothing to weed these people out and condem their teachings as wrong. That's let to everyone else to do.

They wont unless conflicts such as Palestine, Checheyna or Kashmir are sorted out. Once these conflicts are finished and IF there are any terroists, they will fade away. But conflicts such as Palestine and Kashmir will not be sorted out because they are not in the interest of "USA".

What teachings as wrong :S
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

Yes Knight I know Hitler didnt go around setting up bases but he did go around taking over countries in Europe including France. USA might not be doing that but it has taken over the world economically and militarliy with bases on all 5 continents.

Economic crisis was started in USA and we all are paying for it.

Militarily, they have bases everywhere. Anti-nuclear bombs everywhere including Turkey and now czech republic. With a single button they can fire a bomb from anywhere. They can send their aeroplanes from ANYWHERE.

Tommorow they can attack GBR if they wanted to. i know its the unthinkable but 9/11 was unthinkable and it happened didnt it?

USA is a police force, who decide who should attack who and who shouldnt. OBAMA will rectify :S lol OBAMA or no OBAMA they are all the same. The guy came into power on false promises and I m not suprised if he turns his back on those ppl he supported.
Politicians are corrupt and they think for themselfs. They have used religion and extreme views to do whatever they want. While they have become rich and powerful, individuals such as you and me have lost their lives in 9/11, in london, in spain, in karachi and even in Mumbhai.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2008
Red Chief wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote: To date, the US has not done this and is attempting to act as a police force.
Knight

Knight, I don't quite understand which police function are you talking about?

Two sovereign states has been invaded by massive military attack using cooking clue.

SU was called "The Evil empire" after intervention to Afganistan in 1979. Tell me what's the difference between them and US?

theres a huge different between USSR and US,

US has many allies including UK, France, India hmmm the list goes on. They might have not taken over the world by masses, but their allies will support them and will be FORCED to support them and their policies. USSR didnt have any of this. Yes they had a army but not that many allies. USSR didnt even have the UN and Nato to do its dirty work.
USSR had a big enemy which was USA. USA doesnt have a superpower which can stand against him anymore. Maybe thats Y the USA had planned on destroying the USSR into various smaller countries.

USSR attacked Afghanistan and the americans supported the mujahadeens. The same americans have attacked Afghanistan, no1 has opposed USA like the USSR was, and the same ppl who fought the soviets (called mujahdeens at that time) are now being called Terroists.

Hmmmmmmmm
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk