UK Tabloid - Loon Agenda

Topic locked
UK tabloid - Loon agenda Nov 30, 2011
In today's Daily Telegraph in the UK, there's a report about a Tabloid newspaper in the UK (the Daily Star) which had a loon(Islamophobic/anti-Muslim) agenda. A journalist who resigned over this issue gave evidence to the Leveson enquiry:

Leveson Inquiry: 'Daily Star had anti-Muslim agenda'

A former journalist at the Daily Star told the Leveson Inquiry into press standards that he received threats and may have had his
phone hacked after he quit the paper in protest at what he claimed was its anti-Muslim propaganda.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... genda.html

No surprises that a tabloid paper was catering to the misconceptions of loons.. but it was funny to read that they not only made up stories about Muslims/Islam but also made up similarly ridiculous stories such as:

Mr Peppiatt claimed that the Daily Star shaped stories to fit its "ideological perspective" and that quotes and details of articles were regularly made up.

He read out a series of misleading headlines run by the paper, including "TV King Cowell Is 'Dead"', "Chile Mine To Open As Theme Park", "Angelina Jolie To Play Susan Boyle In Film" and "Bubbles To Give Evidence At Jacko Trial".

I wonder how many people believed what they read in the paper? I know many here would love to believe the loon misinformation about Muslims/Islam. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk