'Sad But Not Surprised' - British Jews On Racism

Topic locked
'Sad but not surprised' - British Jews on racism Jan 25, 2011

....in Britain.

British Jews express their feelings in an article from 2006. They say they're not surprised many Muslims expressed anti-Semitic views towards their fellow citizens.

One wonders where the liberals and opinion elites were for all these years where Antisemitism has been simmering for so long in the Muslim community.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say they were probably lecturing non-Muslims on tolerance. A bit of irony though, the seemingly most intolerant group in Britain gets a free pass when everyone is shamed for not being tolerant enough towards them.

Sad but not surprised say Jewish community leaders following the release of a poll that asked for the views of British Muslims towards Jews and Israel.

Conduced by Populus for a group of Jewish organisations and first published in The Times, it surveyed 500 people across the country between December 9 and 19 last year, nearly 50 percent agreed with the conspiracy theory that "the Jewish community in Britain is in league with the Freemasons to control the media and politics". while 37 per cent believed that Anglo-Jewry was a "legitimate target as part of the struggle for justice in the Middle East".

Of the conspiracy theory, Board of Deputies chief executive Jon Benjamin said it was "completely bizarre" while he added. "It is concerning to hear that Jews are considered legitimate targets."

Other findings of the poll found:

57 per cent of British Jews have no interest in Palestinian suffering

More than half think it is right to boycott Holocaust Memorial Day

52 per cent think the state of Israel has the right to exist, though 30 per cent disagreed.

"None of these responses surprises me at all," said Dr Richard Stone who is active in interfaith dialogue and is chair of the Commission on British Muslims and Islamophobia. "It's a demonstration of how urgently work is needed to being Jews to meet Muslims."

http://www.somethingjewish.co.uk/articl ... n_jews.htm

A few years have passed since this story broke.

How have the liberals, opinion elites and politicians responded to these concerning levels of hatred shared by many in the British Muslim community?

Surely 'moderates' in the Muslim community have sounded the alarm and called for Muslims to be more accepting towards Jews?

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: 'Sad But Not Surprised' - British Jews On Racism Jan 25, 2011
Hmm, scraping the barrel I see.. I think I'll go back to not reading your posts - as funny as your desperate posts are, they are nothing if not predictable.

But in passing, I'll see your 2006 snippet and raise it with this:

JOINT STATEMENT BY FAIR AND JOSEPH INTERFAITH FOUNDATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We strongly and categorically condemn any form of anti-Semitic or Islamophobic attacks on Jews and Muslims in response to actions by others. British Muslim and Jewish citizens are not to be held responsible for acts perpetrated in their name or in the name of their religions.

Physical and verbal assaults against members of the Jewish and Muslim communities should not be tolerated and must be collectively opposed. We also denounce any attempt to incite hatred and violence against both communities.

We call on Jewish and Muslim leaders and communities to work constructively together to defeat the evils of Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.

http://www.fairuk.org/intro.htm

Note also the 2009 survey which said that 79% of British Muslims were in favour of the UK have laws inspired by Chrsitianity (a higher percentage than British Christian):
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... itain.html

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: 'Sad but not surprised' - British Jews on racism Jan 25, 2011
The apologists donot need to woory. The UK will soon, like Holland and Sweden are already, be on the road to a jew-free society.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

So then you'd agree that solving the Israel-Palestine crisis would be very important then.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:So then you'd agree that solving the Israel-Palestine crisis would be very important then.

Say what??? Shame on those that apologize anti-semitism with the IPC.

Shame on those that defend those attacking Moroccans because of the Western Sahara. (which never happened in Europe AFAIK)

Above and below comparison are not completely correct, but:

-I never saw anybody in a Chinese restaurant attacking a waiter because of Tibet.
-On top of that I never never heard somebody defending attacks on Chinese in Euorpe because of Tibet.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

shafique wrote:Hmm, scraping the barrel I see.. I think I'll go back to not reading your posts - as funny as your desperate posts are, they are nothing if not predictable.

But in passing, I'll see your 2006 snippet and raise it with this:

JOINT STATEMENT BY FAIR AND JOSEPH INTERFAITH FOUNDATION

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We strongly and categorically condemn any form of anti-Semitic or Islamophobic attacks on Jews and Muslims in response to actions by others. British Muslim and Jewish citizens are not to be held responsible for acts perpetrated in their name or in the name of their religions.

Physical and verbal assaults against members of the Jewish and Muslim communities should not be tolerated and must be collectively opposed. We also denounce any attempt to incite hatred and violence against both communities.

We call on Jewish and Muslim leaders and communities to work constructively together to defeat the evils of Islamophobia and anti-Semitism.

http://www.fairuk.org/intro.htm

Cheers,
Shafique

What that statement says and doesn't say speaks for itself.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: 'Sad But Not Surprised' - British Jews On Racism Jan 26, 2011
Flying Dutchman wrote:
kanelli wrote:So then you'd agree that solving the Israel-Palestine crisis would be very important then.

Say what??? Shame on those that apologize anti-semitism with the IPC.

Shame on those that defend those attacking Moroccans because of the Western Sahara. (which never happened in Europe AFAIK)

Above and below comparison are not completely correct, but:

-I never saw anybody in a Chinese restaurant attacking a waiter because of Tibet.
-On top of that I never never heard somebody defending attacks on Chinese in Euorpe because of Tibet.

Say what???? You are comparing China and Tibet to the Israel-Palestine crisis?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: 'Sad but not surprised' - British Jews on racism Jan 26, 2011
I repeat, and will always repeat it ..

The term "anti-semite" is the most lame ever and is POINTLESS :blackeye:

Arabs are also Semite, so why not use the same term for them??
We live in a world of DOUBLE-STANDARDS, dirty rules only serving a group of Zionist Jews and few others.

We can't discuss politics with false terms and invalid rules.
Brutal wars is the only language used by the West for almost forever, after dividing the world to pieces and other nations almost disappeared as if they were endangered species (e.g Red Indians).

Do you feel guilty FD? :drunken:
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:Do you feel guilty FD?

No.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
symmetric wrote:Do you feel guilty FD?

No.

Then shut up, and stop complaining.
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:Then shut up, and stop complaining.

So, FD, was it something you did in a previous life that has offended Sym so much? Does he just have an irrational hatred of Helicopter Pilots or is he your sponsor and just likes to bully and humiliate you from time to time? Why does he keep picking on you?

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

WOOOW! Hells Flames, talk about emotional baggage?
This one deserves THREE big laughs!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:

So, FD, was it something you did in a previous life that has offended Sym so much? Does he just have an irrational hatred of Helicopter Pilots or is he your sponsor and just likes to bully and humiliate you from time to time? Why does he keep picking on you?

I hate him, and hatred drags love, and mad love drags to brutality :blackeye:

Is it wrong to hate?? Bush hated Saddam and he bombed Iraq and its nation for that :shock:

-- Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm --

Dillon wrote:WOOOW! Hells Flames, talk about emotional baggage?
This one deserves THREE big laughs!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you want me to love you madly as well?? :D
symmetric
BANNED

symmetric wrote:
Dillon wrote:

I hate him, and hatred drags love, and mad love drags to brutality :blackeye:

You hate a virtual poster on a virtual medium. Oh boy.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

How come and why a virtual poster would post on a virtual medium? :lol:
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk