shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rober Spencer Debates - Must Watch Jun 25, 2010
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Rober Spencer debates - must watch Jun 25, 2010
:laughing3:

link to 3 year old post. Nice one.

Let me know when Spencer actually addresses the points in my last link.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rober Spencer debates - must watch Jun 25, 2010
The answer was in the three year old post.

Perhaps next time you'll bother to read a link, snowball
event horizon

Re: Rober Spencer Debates - Must Watch Jun 25, 2010
Spencer challenges Danios to a debate.

Danios accepts.

Spencer supporter links to 3 year old loon article.

Am I missing something here? Did Spencer not read the article before issuing the challenge?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rober Spencer debates - must watch Jun 30, 2010
Bob Spencer's erudition has been exposed, again:

The record of Pope Pius XII is controversial, but there has been a good deal of misinformation publicized about it. In reality, he helped save many hundreds of thousands of Jews and was memorialized at Yad Veshem.

When this is actually a complete lie. Pius XII has not been memorialized at Yad Veshem.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/06/robert ... xii-wrong/

And we're all still waiting to see whether/when Bob re-surfaces and follows through on his challeng for a debate which has been accepted, or what excuse he'll give for chickening out.

With the above level of fact checking, no wonder loons argue themselves into corners all the time! Next someone may even start quoting stats like 62.5% of young Bible Bashers in the US believe Spencer never lies. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

event horizon

Ah, the gushing admiration of young love.

Nevermind that Spencer has been exposed as either a liar or an incompetent researcher, and is still in hiding... young pup is giving us more links of the Guru to watch.

Sweet.

Do you think Bob will re-surface soon and face Danios?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It's possible.

But if you had read the link I posted before, you should be able to come to your own conclusion:

The Council on American Islamic Relations says that its mission is "to enhance understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue," and "build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding." The UK "Islam Is Peace" campaign says it wants "to create dialogue."

And over the years I have participated in many discussions and debates with Muslim spokesmen, including, among others, Salam Al-Marayati of MPAC, Hussam Ayloush of CAIR, Hussein Ibish, then of the ADC, As'ad AbuKhalil, who calls himself the "Angry Arab," Muqtedar Khan of the Center for the Study of Islam and Democracy, and, years ago on MSNBC, CAIR's Ibrahim Hooper. I was once even on a BBC panel with the jihadist Sheikh Omar Bakri. Bakri differed markedly from those and others "moderate" Muslim spokesmen in that he actually made arguments for his positions, and did not content himself simply with making personal attacks and heaping abuse upon his opponent. Insults are not arguments, but all too many Muslim spokesmen in America today seem not to be able to distinguish the two. You can see Ayloush and AbuKhalil slinging mud lustily and avoiding substantive issues in earnest here.

Meanwhile, others whom one might expect would debate in a more civil and rational fashion refuse to debate at all. Akbar Ahmed of American University was allowed to comment on my interview with C-Span's Brian Lamb in 2006 before that interview even aired. In the course of doing so, he said: "I know the work of Dr. Spencer and I know a lot of these arguments because I’ve been a scholar of Islam for the last several decades. So, I’m very aware with all my friends and colleagues. And we interact with them. We debate. We discuss." But he ignored my invitations to debate or dialogue (with the exception of one noncommittal email saying he was looking forward to "talking soon"), and responded to my statements on C-Span with evasions and irrelevancies. Others who have attacked my work but declined to discuss it or debate me include Ahmed Afzaal, Omid Safi, Jamal Badawi, and non-Muslim academic propagandist Carl Ernst.

This is not to say no one has been willing to discuss these matters with me. Ali Eteraz was willing, but he proved not a little disingenuous. And so it remains true that Islamic spokesmen, while denigrating and dismissing my work, have never actually refuted it.....

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2007/12/why-c ... ebate.html
event horizon

Re: Rober Spencer Debates - Must Watch Jun 30, 2010
I did read that link and I asked whether Bob Spencer had read it before he issued the challenge to Danios which was then accepted?

When he re-surfaces, can you ask him.

(BTW - is Danios a Muslim? Just curious.)

So, do you think Bob will follow through on his challenge - or will he take your advice and chicken out?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

LoL.

Spencer has debated quite a few heavy weights (if you actually read the article). Far from chickening out, I would call it a wise decision to learn from past experience and decide that no actual debate will take place against a leftist loon if Spencer accepted the challenge.

Just foaming at the mouth rant and rave.
event horizon

Hence why it is curious that he issues a challenge, and then when it is taken up he disappears and gushing loons like you are digging up 3 year old articles to explain Bob's sudden stage fright.

You do realise that Bob issued the challenge, aren't you? The loon distortion field can't really change this fact - can it?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I don't keep up with this.

Which challenge are you referring to?
event horizon

shafique wrote:Spencer running away from debates, must read:
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/06/danios ... -a-debate/

Try and keep up, eh.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You could have just said: No, Robert Spencer did not issue a challenge to debate Danios. The quote does not even talk about future debates - only Rober talking of his history of debating leftist and Muslim loons and that he sees the futility of doing this.
event horizon

Re: Rober Spencer Debates - Must Watch Jul 01, 2010
Is this the official reason that Bob is giving for not taking up Danios when he publically accepted the challenge to debate, or is it just your personal view why Bob is running scared?

I mean, I haven't read anything from Bob about why he's in hiding.

Do you have a quota of loon fantasies that you have to make up each day?

Let's look at the evidence:

Danios at Loonwatch wrote:In the same post, Robert Spencer bellows:

Bob wrote:The list of the Leftist and Muslim academics and apologists who have refused my challenge to debate is very long; they know they can’t refute what I say on the basis of evidence, so they resort to broad-based smears and personal attacks — and haughty refusals to debate.

I accept your challenge, Spencer. I agree to a radio debate with you on the topic of jihad and “dhimmitude”, namely chapters 1-4 of your book, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades). It will then be seen if you can defend your own writing, which I argue is a load of sensationalist crock.

Will you accept my challenge to debate or cower in fear? My guess is that you “know [you] can’t refute what I say” and will “resort to…haughty refusals to debate.”

I predict that the JW minions will give excuses to explain away why their master Robert Spencer will refuse to debate me, instead of urging him to enter into a debate as they always do with other people who challenge his ideas. They already know that Spencer does not stand a chance in a debate with me, which is why they will continue to generate excuses to exonerate him from his intellectual cowardice. This is because deep down inside they know–as does everyone else who has followed his and my writings–what the outcome would be.

Danios' predictions about your actions, eh, seem to ge spot on. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rober Spencer debates - must watch Jul 01, 2010
Whilst we wait to hear whether eh's excuses above are what Bob himself is saying, or just eh's excuses on behalf of Bob - let's recall why this came up again:

shafique wrote:Bob Spencer's erudition has been exposed, again:

The record of Pope Pius XII is controversial, but there has been a good deal of misinformation publicized about it. In reality, he helped save many hundreds of thousands of Jews and was memorialized at Yad Veshem.

When this is actually a complete lie. Pius XII has not been memorialized at Yad Veshem.

So, eh, I guess even you can't pretend that Bob was right here - can you? Perhaps this is the real reason he is in hiding? (He doesn't want to be humiliated further when all his mistakes are pointed out?)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Now now.

Where in Spencer's quote does he mention a public debate with Danios?

The quote was taken a bit out of context.

But hey, why should anyone point out to snowball that he was misreading what Spencer wrote in the first place?

(no, the quote does not say anywhere that Spencer had agreed to debate Danios, Spencer is speaking about other loon Leftists and Muslims before loonwatch)
event horizon

Danios wrote:I predict that the JW minions will give excuses to explain away why their master Robert Spencer will refuse to debate me, instead of urging him to enter into a debate as they always do with other people who challenge his ideas.

Spot on.

Meet Bob:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:You do realise that Bob issued the challenge, aren't you? The loon distortion field can't really change this fact - can it?

Reading comprehension failure?
event horizon

Sorry, what is that you said 'cluck cluck' ???

Surely you're not asking a question that has already been answered?

Should we put a reward out for Bob? How many other minions has he got making excuses for him? ;)

Anyway, given that his fan here can't defend his latest error :
.. I guess it is understandable why he doesn't want to debate someone he knows will expose his hucksterism.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

This is really a good example of why you're identified as a loon.

No common sense, low to nill reading comprehension and inventive imagination (the last two play off each other quite nicely).
event horizon

Re: Rober Spencer Debates - Must Watch Jul 02, 2010
Thanks for sharing your fantasies.

In our world, Bob is in hiding. In loon-world, do you imagine he is debating with people and winning?

Anyway, given that his fan here can't defend his latest error :
.. I guess it is understandable why he doesn't want to debate someone he knows will expose his hucksterism. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rober Spencer Debates - Must Watch Jul 07, 2010
Looks like Bob is back-pedalling and changing his posts without acknowledging his errors:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/07/robert ... -am-wrong/

Tut tut - loons don't like to admit they've been caught out lying.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Rober Spencer debates - must watch Jul 07, 2010
event horizon wrote:debating loons and that he sees the futility of doing this.

There modified it a little, to suit the situation, maybe you BOTH should learn something from this. Its been a year now. Seriously people give it up.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk