Racist Thugs Spit On 4 Year Old And Beat Up Mother

Topic locked
Re: Racist Thugs spit on 4 year old and Beat up Mother Mar 19, 2012
It's not uncommon for racial slurs to be hurled when someone is mugged or attacked.

Apparently the attackers are supposed to have enough decency to not use racial insults when they attack/intimidate their victim.

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Racist Thugs Spit On 4 Year Old And Beat Up Mother Mar 19, 2012
herve , actually my Iranian neighbour decided to kindly use reverse racism on me today! Wasn't pleasant I can tell you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

what is reverse racism? why were you offended, what did he call you. in the end Kanelli, remember that insults are just words, thrown at you by people who have nothing else to say. people may take offense with words only when they know they are true and bad.

You are nice and wear perfum, you would not understand if someone told you you stink, and would not take offense, dont you.

If someone calls me fu(king white, so what ? what s wrong with it, I dont mind, so why would you mind if someone called fu(king moslem, is it because it is inherently bad? beside it is not a racial slur, islam is not a race.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

event horizon , it doesn't matter, the racist things were said. Who knows if they picked out this woman and her shop for theft because she is of a foreign background. One would have to ask them whether they avoided other stores and targeted hers because of her background.

If I was telling someone off I'd be telling them off about their offending behaviour, not make racial, se.xist, religious etc. slurs. But you are right, some people do that when they are in a confrontation and can't behave themselves. I also wouldn't beat up on people's children if I had a problem with the parent. The people in the news articles are violent thieves who are not fit to be in public.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

'She' - it's the usual white, western b*tch blah blah blah.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

herve ,
herve wrote:remember that insults are just words, thrown at you by people who have nothing else to say.

I have to give you +1 for that herve!!!!

--- Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:36 pm ---

herve wrote:If someone calls me fu(king white, so what ? what s wrong with it, I dont mind, so why would you mind if someone called fu(king moslem, is it because it is inherently bad? beside it is not a racial slur, islam is not a race.

So it's ok to call someone a phuking jew, according to you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic , a friend got that in Singapore too when spoke up to a Singaporean man who was getting verbally abusive (tons of loud swear words) and almost physically abusive with his girlfriend/wife in a restaurant right next to a table full of children. "White Western bit.ch, get out of my country"... blah blah blah
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

event horizon wrote:It's not uncommon for racial slurs to be hurled when someone is mugged or attacked.

nor are religious slurs uncommon.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

kanelli , She also flipped the finger and threatened to call the police, after she called security, because I'd dared to go and ask why they'd complained to my landlord about my dog and hadn't come directly to speak to me about it. She's batshit crazy anyway.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

So if somebody takes a swing at me calling me stinking cheesehead, that would be a racist hate crime?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

If you were a Dutch immigrant in a predominantly "other" area, then you might perceive it to be so. You'd be wondering why they referred to your ethnicity or why you were attacked in the first place...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

^ * shaking head while looking down and lips squeezed together *
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Racist Thugs Spit On 4 Year Old And Beat Up Mother Mar 20, 2012
I wonder if any of you have actually been to Hendon in Sunderland? No, I didn't think so. It's like Dodge City, the docks area of Sunderland. It's as rough as, and even I would think twice about living there. Thieving will be rife. Last year (or was it the year before) a man was stabbed to death after thieves broke in to his home to steal his flat screen TV. (He was white for the record, not that it matters but the TV was coloured :P )
Those little shops will be robbed on a daily basis. I expect it was kids if all they wanted to rob was two boxes of crisps.
The article doesn't say what she was called but what ever she was she would have been called names. Fatty, four eyes, bald get, fat get, thick get, skinny twat, lanky twat, all very offensive if you have a chip on your shoulder.
Unfortunately, life is like that. People call each other names. If you're brown you're going to get called Paki in Sunderland, even if you're not from Pakistan and no matter how much people don't like it, it won't change it. That's life I'm afraid.
If you're from Ireland, expect to be called Paddy and if you're from Newcastle, expect to be stabbed, especially if you're wearing black and white.

I expect if I set up a corner shop in Islamabad I'd get some stick too.

She wasn't robbed or abused because she was Asian, it probably would have happened anyway, but hey, if you've got brown skin, why not use it?

If there's one thing I've taught my kids it's that sticks and stones will hurt my bones but words will never hurt me.

People need to man up, if you get called names and that's the worst you get, you're doing very well. After all, you can get shot on the way to school and that would be something to get all worked up about.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:She wasn't robbed or abused because she was Asian

Do you know the thugs who carried out the attack? Did they tell you this? :?

It sounds like you're blaming the victim for being chased to her house by the 'racist thugs' where they pushed one of her daughters and spat on another, whilst assaulting her - and all the while racially abusing her and her kids? This is more than robbery.

Your excuses are weak - and it is sad that you're trying to explain away a racist attack. Shame.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

and all the while racially abusing her and her kids? This is more than robbery.

It's about people using everything in the book to intimidate their victims.

It's not at all uncommon for race to be brought up when thugs terrorize their victims.

Criminals who punch children and rob stores can also "stoop" to making racial slurs. What a shock!
event horizon

‘The problem of people coming in here and stealing things is getting worse and worse.’

Are you suggesting that everyone picks her out because she is Asian, Shafique?
I can assure you that I am familiar with the area of Sunderland and shops like this are robbed all the time. It wouldn't matter where she came from or who she was.

I also note that you took the story from the Daily Mail. Nothing wrong with that but when I also posted an article from the same paper you said, and I quote

More here, without the Daily Mail spin:

Are you saying that the Daily Mail were spinning the story about the Muslim rapist but not about the shopkeeper who was robbed?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Are you suggesting that everyone picks her out because she is Asian, Shafique?

I'm clearly saying that the racist thugs that followed her to her home, beat her, pushed one daughter and spat on the other whilst hurling racist abuse make this a racist attack.

The robbery was in her store, the racist attack was at her home. We can speculate on whether the robbery was racially motivated, but I'll take the police's word on the overall attack being racially motivated given the description of what happened.

You really need to brush up on your article reading skills.

Your excuses are getting weaker and weaker.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Big up the robbery of two boxs of crisps by kids why dont ya?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Big up the robbery of two boxs of crisps by kids why dont ya?

Why are you talking to me? Shouldn't you and herve be telling the Daily Mail and the police how to do their job and how this isn't a racist attack according to you two? :roll:

I really couldn't see any complicated words in the OP - what particular part the description of the racist attack confused you BM?:
But they caught up with her and spat on her four-year-old daughter Ousha, shoved her seven-year-old daughter against the wall and thumped her 13-year-old daughter in the face.

The gang then turned their attentions to Saly, 31, punching her in the face, tearing out chunks of her hair and choking her with her scarf.

Way to play down a racist attack!

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Why are you talking to me? Shouldn't you and herve be telling the Daily Mail and the police how to do their job and how this isn't a racist attack according to you two?

You didn't address my question Shafique.

Are you saying that the Daily Mail were spinning the story about the Muslim rapist but not about the shopkeeper who was robbed?

That woman should have shown an example to her children and stood up to those feral youths who robbed her. I wonder just how old these racist thugs were, when they robbed her of a couple of boxes of crisps? You hear stories of people standing up to thuggery all the time in the UK.

I'm sure she's grateful to you for starting a thread just to hilight she's a bit of a wimp.

The next time I'm down at the 'Stadium of Light' I'll pop in and tell her Shafique was giving her a shout out on DF.
I promise not to say BOO to her. :roll:
Bethsmum

Re: Racist Thugs Spit On 4 Year Old And Beat Up Mother Mar 21, 2012
So now the woman is a wimp?

BM, you really are disgus.ting.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:BM, you really are disgus.ting.

Thank you. Coming from you, that means a lot.

Yes, she was a wimp. How about showing an example and standing up for yourself? Running away from a bunch of kids! No wonder they chased her. If she'd have stood her ground they probably would have run a mile.

Racist attack, my arse.
Bethsmum

Plenty of others have stood their ground and been shot or stabbed by thugs. I don't blame her for being afraid, especially with the safety of her kids to think about.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Plenty of others have stood their ground and been shot or stabbed by thugs. I don't blame her for being afraid, especially with the safety of her kids to think about.

Wimp! I'd rather die than be labelled a coward. I might be frightened but I would never, ever, show it.
Bethsmum

Sounds like your priorities are straight! :lol: :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:Sounds like your priorities are straight

Yes. I think so.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules