Muslim Brotherhood: Dumping Of OBL An 'act Of Terrorism'

Topic locked
Muslim Brotherhood: Dumping of OBL an 'act of terrorism' May 04, 2011
Oh dear, I suppose 'they' are offended yet again.

Amman (DPA) — The Islamic Action Front (IAF), Jordan’s main opposition party, on Tuesday condemned as an ‘act of terrorism’ the US dumping into the sea the body of slain al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, who was killed this week by a secret US assault team in Pakistan.

‘The declared dumping in the sea of the body of Sheikh Osama bin Laden is a brutal action that should be condemned because it runs counter to both the divine and positive laws as well as the human civilization,’ the IAF said in a statement.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/ ... terror-act

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Muslim Brotherhood: Dumping Of OBL An 'act Of Terrorism' May 04, 2011
Some Indonesian clerics are upset too. Who cares?

My answer to those morons would be, how about the burial of those killed horribly in terrorist attacks by Bin Laden?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Muslim Brotherhood: Dumping of OBL an 'act of terrorism' May 04, 2011
How do you correctly bury the remains of a suicide bomber who, in the name of Islam, spreads himself all over the landscape?

The clerics will claim that his actions, vis-a-vis committing suicide, were against the principles of Islam but would they still insist on a proper burial?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

I can't help but to look at the ocean/sea water differently and frankly would hesitate to put my foot in it knowing that it has been polluted. Fortunately a pool has always been my first choice. :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I wasn't a fan of OBL at all, and totally against armed groups whoever they are, but dumping OBL body into the sea (if its true) isn't so smart, first OBL won't feel it, 2nd it would give a chance to ppl to make a topic out of nothing...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

All those poor fish eating that poison. :( I don't know why they picked the ocean when they could have just cut him up in pieces and put to rest in a garbage dump would have be more fitting.

Well according to news reports he was given "respect" before being dropped (dumped?) into the ocean. Washed, wrapped and received prayers. Bwahahahaha. I don't think so!!! More like kicked, stomped, and spit upon which would be more appropriate.\\

Apparently it is ok to bury a Muslim at sea, under certain circumstances, and that includes being dropped from a certain height. Can only imagine what height he was dropped from. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mahmoud04 wrote:I wasn't a fan of OBL at all, and totally against armed groups whoever they are, but dumping OBL body into the sea (if its true) isn't so smart, first OBL won't feel it, 2nd it would give a chance to ppl to make a topic out of nothing...

On the contrary Mahmoud04, dumping OBL’s body at sea was THE smartest thing to do, committing his remains to the deep has removed any current and future speculation of 3rd parties attempting to recover his remains for whatever sick reasons they could possibly dream up, he’s gone, mind body and soul. If anything, it’s an insult to the honoured maritime tradition of burials at sea, but then again it would have been just as big an insult to the thousands he tortured and murdered to give him a decent burial anywhere on terra firma.

I think the US now need to decide whether or not, and I personally would hope not, they are going to release proof or in fact any further details of the operation against OBL and most importantly, stick by it, I believe, what appears to be the current policy of revealing snippets of information feeding the media circus is counter productive to closing this episode and moving forward with dignity, which is what everyone needs to do.

The conspiracy theorists and those in denial will continue to theorise and deny whether any further information is presented by the US or not. OBL is dead, he’s brown bread, he’s kicked the bucket, expired, deceased, bereft of life, he is no more, God bless the USA and in particular, the individual who decided that killing him, was a safer option than to capture him.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

he’s gone, mind, body and soul.

this is now the most important thing to focus on, work hardly to make sure these minds are gone...

I don't want to see another OBL, and unfortunately troops won't change minds...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

I beg to differ on this one. Capturing him alive would have been better, now you know its sort of exactly what OBL wanted, to go out all guns blazing and die "like a man" by a bullet fired by an infidel and now stands a "martyr/hero" to his followers.

If he would have been captured alive, de-mystified, the myth behind this elusive person who evaded capture for almost 15 years broken, broken down in public and preferably turned into a humiliating media circus to show all his followers he is nothing but a misguided, twisted, feeble sick old man and not some "great warrior" as some people see him. It would be more of a crushing defeat to his clan and followers to see him blindfolded in an orange jump suit at gitmo.

And now all this mystery of his death and dumping at sea will just make him a "legend" and live forever in the mind of his followers as a great warrior who is either not dead or lives as a great holy warrior in their minds.

Just saying.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:I beg to differ on this one. Capturing him alive would have been better, now you know its sort of exactly what OBL wanted, to go out all guns blazing and die "like a man" by a bullet fired by an infidel and now stands a "martyr/hero" to his followers.

If he would have been captured alive, de-mystified, the myth behind this elusive person who evaded capture for almost 15 years broken, broken down in public and preferably turned into a humiliating media circus to show all his followers he is nothing but a misguided, twisted, feeble sick old man and not some "great warrior" as some people see him. It would be more of a crushing defeat to his clan and followers to see him blindfolded in an orange jump suit at gitmo.

And now all this mystery of his death and dumping at sea will just make him a "legend" and live forever in the mind of his followers as a great warrior who is either not dead or lives as a great holy warrior in their minds.

Just saying.

I am totally agree with your statements man. How I wish OBL is very much alive till today... :bounce:

Peace out!!!
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

I guess it was a deterrent. Unfortunately the US underestimates the side-effect of such kind of actions.

Actually it isn't their internal business but a precedent for the World. Who will listen their rants about the civic rights after torturing prisoners in Guantanamo for instance? I mean such autocratic regimes like RF and PRC... as everyone knows that the aerial bombing of Grozny city was possible only after similar US action in Serbia.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

another point of view, being dead is better...
if he was still alive and arrested, can u imagine the number of attacks and kidnaps that would have occurred to free him?

even thought I am wondering did the US adopt this point of view? or they really wanted him dead?
I am kinda sure that, if they wanted him alive they could have managed to do it, specially when they know where he lives, make sense?
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Nooooo if they'd taken him alive, every terrorist group would being capturing and holding 'infidels' as hostages in a bid to get him released! There was no way anyone was going to take that risk - it was always going to be dead!

Personally they should have shot him out the cannon!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

desertdudeshj wrote:I beg to differ on this one. Capturing him alive would have been better, now you know its sort of exactly what OBL wanted, to go out all guns blazing and die "like a man" by a bullet fired by an infidel and now stands a "martyr/hero" to his followers.

Just saying.

Well it’s an opinion, but history tells us that when you incarcerate a terrorist leader, there is momentum by way of further terrorist action to free the incarcerated, whether that is by hunger strike, indiscriminate bombings, hijacking people and aeroplanes or assassinations, it’s another reason for further action as the Red Army Faction (Baader-Meinhof) the IRA and it’s affiliated organisations, ETA the Basque Nationalists and of course the PLO and it’s derivatives have done so often in the past. Further humiliation of a terrorist leader I fear would only incite the hatred that already exists in his supporters, Kill a terrorist, remove the focus and he’s soon forgotten.
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Well the same people have made threats to avenge his death, so its a no win situation ? Maybe it would incite more hatred among his followers but I think it could deter any future "recuirts" as seeing the all powerfull leader shown for what he really is, instead of being this all elusive, mystical leader and now a martyr in their eyes. I dunno...
desertdudeshj

Ok, so as to not outrage the Muslim world, don't draw satirical images of Muhammad or 'bury' a terrorist at sea after providing him Islamic funeral rites.

Conspiracy theories, pogroms, unruly mobs, church attacks, Antisemitism, beheading, hatred, incitement to murder, death chants, burning effigies, burning flags, Kalashnikovs, suicide vests, militancy, religious extremism, gassing Kurds, religious discrimination, hand chopping, theocracies, banning free speech, homophobia, and misogyny are all 'ok'.

Got it.
event horizon

Don't forget polygamy!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

event horizon wrote:Ok, so as to not outrage the Muslim world, don't draw satirical images of Muhammad or 'bury' a terrorist at sea after providing him Islamic funeral rites.

Conspiracy theories, pogroms, unruly mobs, church attacks, Antisemitism, beheading, hatred, incitement to murder, death chants, burning effigies, burning flags, Kalashnikovs, suicide vests, militancy, religious extremism, gassing Kurds, religious discrimination, hand chopping, theocracies, banning free speech, homophobia, and misogyny are all 'ok'.

Got it.

But what if we are all blinded by the truth...that OBL is in the hands of Americans. That he is very much alive? That he is sitting there chained on a metal chair. What if this is just a drama from the media's? That we are all manipulated by the TRUTH.

Scary! :bom:
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Chocoholic wrote:Don't forget polygamy!

..and child molester and rapist, since he married his youngest wife when he was 15 years old.

-- Wed May 04, 2011 10:57 pm --

Wrong dude.......he lived a coward, died a coward, hiddin behind a woman and unarmed. You ALL are
capsicum
BANNED

Hmmm...thats a pretty broad statment eh ? "we ALL are"

I got one too, anyone and everyone who uses an online ID named after a vegetable is an idiot. :shock:
desertdudeshj

Re: Muslim Brotherhood: Dumping Of OBL An 'act Of Terrorism' May 05, 2011
Isn't it a possibility that he is still alive and tucked away somewhere? Better to say he's dead that to disclose that he was injured and being held? Which scenerio serves the better purpose - to say he is dead. As stated, being alive could cause more repercussions that being dead.

The Colbert Report has called the incident: To Kill a Mockingturd. :lol: :lol: Doing such a funny skit. :lol:

I can't believe that dump he lived in cost one million dollars. Looks more like it cost one million rupees. :lol:

The US has decided not to publish any photos. Good thing I would say (assuming he is dead :lol: )
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk