Israelis Will Now Be Denied Entry Into Dubai

Topic locked
Israelis will now be denied entry into Dubai Mar 03, 2010
Well, according to the English news sources:

Dubai: Israelis will be denied UAE entry

(AP) – 1 day ago

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Dubai's police chief says travelers, suspected of being Israeli will not be allowed into the United Arab Emirates even if they arrive with alternative passports.

Lt. Gen. Dahi Khalfan Tamim says the move comes after the killing of a Hamas operative in Dubai, blamed by the Emirates authorities on Israel's Mossad spy agency.

Tamim said a 26-member team used European and Australian passports to enter the country in January and kill Mahmoud al-Mabhouh.

The Emirates will now "deny entry to anyone suspected of having Israeli citizenship," Tamim said at a security conference in Abu Dhabi Monday.

It was unclear if the measure would apply to Israeli athletes competing in international sports events being held there.

His comments in Arabic go further than just barring Israelis, though (from the Khaleej Times):

Dahi Khalfan Tamim, Commander in Chief of Dubai Police, said Israel is a rogue state, and that goes beyond international legitimacy and laws. Its leaders have sick mentalities, and they need psychologists, saying that its use of passports shows great arrogance and contempt for the world.

(Tamim said hat) the leaders of "Israel" have blood on their hands the blood of others throughout history, pointing out that the "Israeli" people are human beings like any other people who want to be loved and open to others but that the successive governments, the Governments of bloodshed and assassinations, and wars and the Governments of the occupation and aggression, are not interested in peace in the world at all.

He added that the vanity which haunts the "Israeli" mentality stems from the time of Pharaoh, and their hate comes up to this day and age.

He said that the entire world should study the mentality of the "Israeli" leaders throughout history. Their sick psyches needs to be analyzed by psychology professors, who need to examine why they launch crises, and why they brought on themselves hate from others, since the time of Moses, peace be upon him.

He said we will train our personnel in the passport of the forms and features of the Jewish people and their names, noting that no one can hide their features of Jewishness. He asked the appropriate departments to prepare nationality and residency sessions to familiarize the staff with [Jewish] forms and names, especially since most Jews hold dual passports [with Israel.]

He pointed out that the number of Jews, compared with the Europeans, is nothing, and even within Palestine itself.

But it's interesting that the Western news sources chose not to provide a full account of Mr. Tamim's statement.

On the upside, does this mean that Western governments can start banning Muslims from traveling or immigrating to the West?

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... .com&twu=1

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Israelis will now be denied entry into Dubai Mar 03, 2010
Why are you so surprised? Does Israel allow entry for UAE citizens? If not, why? The usual excuse? Terrorism? Ever heard of an emarati attempting international terrorism?
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

In an English statement he said Israeli´s will be recognized by their physical features. :shock:

How can an Israeli be recognized based on pyhisical features?

For his own public he included also Jewish features.

Thats simple, must be the nose.

The media in the West is still in denial when it comes to Arab anti-semitism as a way of life.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

dee7o wrote:Why are you so surprised? Does Israel allow entry for UAE citizens? If not, why? The usual excuse? Terrorism? Ever heard of an emarati attempting international terrorism?

Does Israel deny entry based on physical/facial features? :idea:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

^ You're right FD - that's one crime Israel doesn't commit.

It will be interesting to see how the 'but you look Israeli and we won't let you in' will work in practice!

Also interesting to read 'eh' contrast 'Israeli' with 'Muslim' in his last paragraph:?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Not all Israeli citizens are Jews (I think about 20% of the population are Arab Muslims or Christians).
Not all Jews are Israeli citizens.
UAE immigration policy routinely denied entry to Israeli passport holders before recent statements (with exceptions for tennis players and other special cases).

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/israeli-stamp- ... -dubai.php
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

bonk wrote:Not all Israeli citizens are Jews (I think about 20% of the population are Arab Muslims or Christians).
Not all Jews are Israeli citizens.
UAE immigration policy routinely denied entry to Israeli passport holders before recent statements (with exceptions for tennis players and other special cases).

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/israeli-stamp- ... -dubai.php

Israeli citizens never had a problem entering the UAE with an European or an US passport. The story is that the UAE now also wants to deny access for those double passport holders. Problem is, how do you recognize an Israeli trying to enter the UAE with a Belgium passport e.g.? UAE officials want to do this based on "physical and facial" features.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dubai's police chief Lt Gen Dahi Khalfan Tamim said that in future, the UAE would "deny entry to anyone suspected of having Israeli citizenship".

"Earlier, Israeli dual citizens could easily enter the country even if officials recognised them as Israelis from their accents and traits. But from now on they will be carefully scrutinised, regardless of what passport they hold," he said.

"We will not allow those who hold Israeli passports into the UAE no matter what other passport they have," he added.

Can you believe those Dubai government puppets! Unbelievable how they come up with such discriminating and crazy policies. Tells alot about them don't you think?

I think incompetence is weakly expressed. They are behaving like cornered cats. Totally out of wack with humane response to a crime, no consideration for innocent people's privacy, basic dignity, you name it. None whatsoever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8544788.stm
RobbyG

As I said above - I wonder how they are going to put into practice, and I can't help thinking whether this is just a sop to the 'home crowd' given that they can't actually stop people with dual nationality coming in (unless they have a database of all Israelis...?)

Perhaps they should just have everyone fill in an immigration form with the following questions:

1. Are you, or have you ever been, an employee of Mossad?
2. Are you coming in to kill someone?
3. Do you have in your possession a false mustache and/or wig?
4. Do you play tennis?
5. Say the word 'Hamas' (if they say Khhamas - dead give away)

:bigsmurf:
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No, I'm quite convinced they'll implement this. They'll even use face recognition software when you enter the country soon. Watch. :drunken:

How else did you think they were able to come up with 27 min. of tape with 11 suspects directly involved on such short notice. Its not expertise, its technology that does that. Need a platter? :mrgreen:
RobbyG

shafique wrote:As I said above - I wonder how they are going to put into practice, and I can't help thinking whether this is just a sop to the 'home crowd' given that they can't actually stop people with dual nationality coming in (unless they have a database of all Israelis...?)

Perhaps they should just have everyone fill in an immigration form with the following questions:

1. Are you, or have you ever been, an employee of Mossad?
2. Are you coming in to kill someone?
3. Do you have in your possession a false mustache and/or wig?
4. Do you play tennis?
5. Say the word 'Hamas' (if they say Khhamas - dead give away)

:bigsmurf:

Present them with a pork bacon sandwich which they will have to eat in front of the officer.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

[quote="event horizon"]Dubai: Israelis will be denied UAE entry

On the upside, does this mean that Western governments can start banning Muslims from traveling or immigrating to the West?

Are you in the UAE? If so, I don't get you. How can you be surrounded everyday by Arabs/Muslims and internalize your hatred? Your hate is so deep rooted I hope you end up with serious health problems from it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
event horizon wrote:Dubai: Israelis will be denied UAE entry

Are you in the UAE? If so, I don't get you. How can you be surrounded everyday by Arabs/Muslims and internalize your hatred? Your hate is so deep rooted I hope you end up with serious health problems from it.

amen to that

on a serious note, how exactly is differentiating like this going to be done? Let us assume, they can learn to identify names, facial features, accents and behaviors.....these are characteristics of Jews not of Israelis. While you are within your rights to deny entry based on nationality, you cannot deny entry to people based on religion or race. Many of those that will fit the criteria will be Jews living abroad who have never been to Israel. Does Bill Gates not look typically Jewish? I am just assuming, but I have never heard that he has an Israeli passport. Also, can you imagine the error rate in doing things so subjectively. I am all with denying Israelis entry because I cannot imagine them attempting to gain entry to the U.A.E. with good intentions in mind, but such a methodology is retardation.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Israelis will now be denied entry into Dubai Mar 04, 2010
dee7o wrote: I cannot imagine them attempting to gain entry to the U.A.E. with good intentions in mind

They have excellent beach parties. :drunken:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:
dee7o wrote: I cannot imagine them attempting to gain entry to the U.A.E. with good intentions in mind

They have excellent beach parties. :drunken:

Few airmiles extra and Goa, India is your alternative Party Paradise. ;)
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:No, I'm quite convinced they'll implement this. They'll even use face recognition software when you enter the country soon. Watch. :drunken:

How else did you think they were able to come up with 27 min. of tape with 11 suspects directly involved on such short notice. Its not expertise, its technology that does that. Need a platter? :mrgreen:

The spread of technology of the kind that uncovered the Dubai operation has permanently altered the rules, wrote Yossi Melman, Haaretz's intelligence correspondent. "The conclusion could be that the era of heroic operations in the style of James Bond movies is close to its end."

Inspired by Dubai's success, neighboring Abu Dhabi announced Wednesday that it would spend more than $120 million to blanket the city with surveillance cameras.

Police state II, coming up! :idea:
RobbyG

Abu Dhabi, concerned over rising national security threats, has announced to install state-of-the-art surveillance towers in the city that would cost it to more than $120m. Efforts are being made for making the towers operational by the starting of next year.

The towers equipped with radar-enabled cameras would be imported from US and connected to the central communication system using the extensive network of the Critical National Infrastructure Authority (CNIA).

CNIA's director of operations, Col Ishaq Al Beshir told, "CNIA always seeks out the most innovative and effective techniques and equipment in order to fulfill its mission of protecting Abu Dhabi's critical infrastructure assets."

Beshir said that the exact location and number of cameras to be installed is yet to be decided by the department but he added that the towers would be a critical part of the infrastructure of Abu Dhabi.

Further, a system of thermal-imaging cameras is also scheduled to be installed along the coast line for foiling any security threat. Some existing units would be replaced for ensuring full proof security arrangement in the nation.

Looks like a spy satellite from space just invaded the UAE, only in tower form...
RobbyG

Re: Israelis will now be denied entry into Dubai Mar 08, 2010
Flying Dutchman wrote:In an English statement he said Israeli´s will be recognized by their physical features. :shock:

How can an Israeli be recognized based on pyhisical features?

For his own public he included also Jewish features.

Thats simple, must be the nose.

The media in the West is still in denial when it comes to Arab anti-semitism as a way of life.

Yes Inspector Tanim will examine everyone 's nose under a magnifying glass.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Flying Dutchman wrote:The media in the West is still in denial when it comes to Arab anti-semitism as a way of life.

Yes, we can see how Israel's Arab neighbors keep rebuffing Israel's attempts for peace. What is wrong with people that they can't see the love that Israeli's have for their Arab neighbors? Just look at how the Israelis embrace them - especially the Palestinians. The Israelis love the Palestinians to death.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Logically, if Dubai/UAE bans Israelis from visiting, then they should also ban Chechens....

http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/refere ... index.html

Yamadayev was the fifth person to be murdered in recent months seen as an opponent of Ramzan Kadyrov, the Kremlin-appointed president of Chechnya, a mainly Muslim region of Russia's southern fringe that fought two wars with Moscow.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 0WCKPkfo8A
event horizon

True.

Hypocrisy alert! :wink:
RobbyG

They'd have to ban Russians wouldn't they - I didn't think Chechnya was an independent country (or is it?)

I can think of many reasons why Dubai may not want to do this! ;)

But the boy has a point - they should also ban those killing Chechens.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk