Israel: We Won't Bow To U.S. Settlement Requests

Topic locked
Israel: We Won't Bow to U.S. Settlement Requests May 31, 2009
Israel will not agree to U.S. demands to freeze all settlement activity in the West Bank, the AFP reported an official close to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as saying.

"I want to say in a crystal clear manner that the current Israeli government will not accept in any fashion that legal settlement activity in Judea and Samaria be frozen," Transport Minister Yisrael Katz said, using the Israeli term for the West Bank. "The government will defend the vital interests of the state of Israel."

nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 02, 2009
Its about time that Isreal shows its real face to the civilized world, this is a solid case to see what impact the US has on its best ally in the middle east :)
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 04, 2009
Israel IS ONLY civilized world representative in ENTIRE Middle East. Nothing even close to definition civilized here... Saudi ? (country stuck in middle ages), GCC ? (bunch of oil pumping boys without any long term strategy), Iran? (yeah, dictatorship regime seems most uncivilized in a world), Syria? Lebanon? etc ? (nothing civilized there as well).

Take anything. Technology - Israel way ahead of all its neighbors; Military - its ONLY middle east state that PRODUCE weapons, everyone else just buys, maybe except Iran (its using some chinese+russian technologies); Cultural - Israel making whole a lot more influence than other middle east countries except maybe lebanon....

So in short .... it IS civilized world here u like it or not.
hakka
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 19, 2009
Civilized people wouldn’t go around forcing powerless people out of their farms and houses just to steal them and claim them theirs. Civilized people and their government wouldn’t impirsoned people of other nation just because they say no to occupion.

Israel is given free reign to do whatever they please ... to go around stealing land, destroy the rightful owners' homes and then build illegal settlements for themselves, to commit genocide on the Palestinians, to limit water at their will for whole towns of Palestinians, to barricade the Palestinians from their land that they use for farming and feeding themselves, to barricade the Palestinians from appropriate emergency health care ....

I can easily understand the frustrations of the Muslim world ... can easily understand that they might be pretty doggone mad at the international community.

The Palestinians are bombed, shot at, homes destroyed and many other atrocities on a daily basis by the Israeli military and civilians alike. There can be no peace there until the Israelis stop treating them like game for sport.

Now, ordinary people worldwide are starting to understand what is really happening to the Palestinians. Israel has been successful in covering up its crimes against the Palestinians for too long, but as histroy has showed us time and time agian that justice always prevail.

Censored: Israel and Palestine

Alison Weir
Executive Director of If Americans Knew
Chapter "Israel and Palestine: Choosing Sides," from Censored 2005: The Top 25 Censored Stories
(Seven Stories Press; 2004)
http://www.ifamericansknew.org/media/sides.html

"The most monumental cover-up in media history may be the one I’m about to describe. In my entire experience with American journalism, I have never found anything as extreme, sustained, and omnipresent.

Three and a half years ago, when the current Palestinian uprising began, I started to look into Israel and Palestine. I had never paid much attention to this issue before and so – unlike many people – I knew I was completely uninformed about it. I had no idea that I was pulling a loose piece of thread that would steadily unravel, until nothing would ever be quite as it had been before.

When I listened to news reports on this issue, I noticed that I was hearing a great deal about Israelis and very little about Palestinians. I decided to go to the Internet to see what would turn up, and discovered international reports about Palestinian children being killed daily, often shot in the head, hundreds being injured, eyes being shot out. And yet little of all this was appearing in NPR reports, the New York Times, or the San Francisco Chronicle.

There was also little historic background and context in the stories, so this, too, I began to fill in for myself, reading what has turned into a multitude of books on the history and other aspects of the conflict. I attended presentations and read international reports.

The more I looked into all this, the more it seemed that I had stumbled onto a cover-up that quite possibly dwarfed anything I had seen before."

Have a also read this article and judge for yourself.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8101110.stm
Humbleman
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk