Islamophobic Desecration Of Dead Body

Topic locked
Islamophobic desecration of dead body Sep 08, 2012
This is quite sick. This is the ugly consequence of Islamophobia - that hatred of Muslims extends to this level of depravity is quite an eye opener. Most people in Britain would be sickened by this - but there is a minority who rabidly hate Muslims and who will support or excuse this crime.

Muslim woman’s body found in hospital morgue covered with bacon
by Lyndsay Moss, The Indepdent

A £5,000 reward is being offered by police after the body of a Muslim woman was found in a hospital mortuary, covered with rashers of bacon.

The desecration was discovered when the family of the grandmother, aged 65, was waiting to see her body after she lost her fight with cancer.

The Metropolitan Police’s racial crime task force was called in to investigate the incident, at Hillingdon Hospital in west London, and an extensive inquiry was launched.

It is strictly against the Muslim religion to touch or eat pork and the woman’s family, who do not want to be identified, have been left deeply traumatised.

Detective Chief Inspector Tony Hester, of Hillingdon police, said:
This is a particularly grotesque act which has outraged the family as well as the whole community.
Because of the nature of the incident a criminal investigation was immediately initiated and is still ongoing. DCC4 – Racial and Violent Crime Task Force – was involved in the initial investigation and officers from the Community Safety Unit are in constant liaison with them.
We are also, of course, keeping the family and local community informed of developments.

The crime was discovered as staff arranged for the body to be viewed by family members.
Police have viewed CCTV footage and speaking to staff and others captured on video outside the mortuary.
Forensic experts have also examined the bacon and the gown the woman was wearing.

A member of the woman’s family told BBC London News the incident made them feel “physically sick. It was like a horrible nightmare. I get flashbacks, my brain goes numb.
“I witnessed her passing away and then for me to witness that again, it’s traumatic. I feel emotionally raped.”

The woman’s daughter said it was like a nightmare that was still deeply affecting the family.
“I thought someone who did this hated Muslims especially. I don’t know why they chose my mum.
“In life you expect a lot of things, but something so shocking, you couldn’t even think it up in the worst horror movie. Evil, evil, people.”

David McVittie, chief executive of Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust, expressed sympathy for the family and said everything would be done to find out who was responsible.

“I am extremely sorry for the distress that the family of the lady concerned suffered as a result of this despicable incident and for any distress it has caused to the Muslim community.

“I am shocked and outraged that such a thing has happened and will not rest until we have found the perpetrators of this crime.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 45706.html

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Islamophobic Desecration Of Dead Body Sep 09, 2012
shafique wrote:Most people in Britain would be sickened by this
I very much doubt that is true from what is spewing out of the few Brits who post here. They are severely biased against Muslims and Islam to the point of being Fascist. This is a typical incident, although an extreme case. Fascist attacks are very common in Britain; bullying at thier schools, discrimination in the work place, looks, words, innuendo, in day to day life, I suppose they all take thier toll.
Its not a very nice place to be for any one who looks "different" these days! Xenophobia has reached extreme levels!
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Frequentflier wrote:The whole Middle East is in turmoil because of the Jewish problem.
LuckyMe
BANNED

^^ And??
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

That's a horrible story Shaf :( A despicable crime!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Frequentflier wrote:I very much doubt that is true from what is spewing out of the few Brits who post here. They are severely biased against Muslims and Islam to the point of being Fascist.

I still think that it will be only the minority of Brits who won't be sickened by the crime - even many who would otherwise be anti-Immigrant and anti-Muslim, would at least have the common decency to be appalled by the crime. However, that is because it is an extreme example.

The vocal few who post here who have rabid views against Muslim would indeed be the ones who would condone and even laugh at the crime.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

^My fault - I didn't see that the date at the top of the page is today's date and not the date of publication.

I don't know whether they caught the criminals.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Let us know when you do, and whether a reason for these crimes were given by those arrested. Sounds like pervs to me.
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

The story is doing the rounds on a number of websites - including the White Supremacist group 'Stormfront' who started a thread on the subject a few days ago:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t911789-5/

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I'm sure this story also was a field day on loonwatch. Still I don't visit hate sites like stormfront or loonwatch. Considering the crime, including the hundreds of pics of dead bodies they found at those arrested, I'd say they're pervs more than anything else.
evitav
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Pervs and Islamophobes aren't mutually exclusive you know - quite the contrary. You seem to have tracked down the reports of the criminals, do you have a link?

Edit: I found that the criminals have not actually been found:
But Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "After a thorough and protracted investigation, it has not been possible to identify the person responsible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 603299.stm
(From April 2004 BBC report)

In June 2003 there were 3 arrests and this is probably what you were referring to when you wrongly imagined that the criminals were pervs because of photos (the link above says that the 3 arrested were released without charge in the end):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html

and
A third man, unconnected with the desecration, has been questioned over the allegedly theft of items from bodies at the same mortuary. When detectives raided his home in Uxbridge, west London, they found 2,000 photographs and slides of corpses

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2003/ ... alth.crime

So the photos weren't found by those arrested for the crime (and released on bail) - your theory that the criminals are 'pervs' seems to be wishful thinking on your part. :roll:

To me, the choice of victim and the manner of the desecration can't be explained away by 'they are pervs' - and I totally agree with you that Stormfront is a hate site, but am amused that you think those exposing those who share Stormfront's hatred is a hate site too. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

In presenting this article Shaf, are you misusing this rare and extreme incident to support your stereotypical views about Islamophobes? ;) I seem to be accused of that when I posted the thread about the Turkish woman reclaiming her honour.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Islamophobic desecration of dead body Sep 09, 2012
If I generalised about the crime then you may have a point. However as the link to storm front ( and a number of other sites such as barenakedislam) shows, the Islamophobes are indeed making light of the story today.

My posts say I think that the majority of Brits share the revulsion of this still unsolved crime, after all. ;)

Cheers
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

But you've presented other extreme examples before, and together they paint a stereotypical picture of Islamophobes... ;)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

shafique is now linking other sites to generate outrage over "Islaomphobia".

It would be like posting the story on attacks against Jews or the suicide bombing of a Christian church and linking to mainstream Muslim sites (Ummah forums) where Muslim members were referring to the victims as dogs.

Indeed, shafique is misusing this very rare incident (from 9 1/2 years ago!) to generate some outrage and stereotypically depict the people he disagrees with.

Amazingly enough, one doesn't need to go back 9 years to find stories of Christianophobic desecration of bodies:

A kidnapped Christian convert from Islam was found decapitated on Sept. 2 on the outskirts of Hudur City in Bakool region, in southwestern Somalia.

Juma Nuradin Kamil was forced into a car by three suspected Islamic extremists from the al Shabaab terrorist group on Aug. 21, area sources said. After members of his community thoroughly combed the area looking for him, at 2 p.m. on Sept. 2 one of them found Kamil's body dumped on a street.

http://www.compassdirect.org/english/co ... 20184.html

I suppose shafique's agenda even to the daftest dullards is apparent by now.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

kanelli wrote:But you've presented other extreme examples before, and together they paint a stereotypical picture of Islamophobes...

Even when I say clearly that the rabid Islamophobes are a minority, as I did in the OP?

I think you're confusing me with the anti-Muslim posters. :)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Well, I'm just passing on the treatment I got when trying to discuss feminst issues in the Middle East. ;)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks for the explanation. As I said in the other thread - if you wish to discuss general issues, happy to do so - but please let's just be clear when we're discussing a specific case rather than generalities.

As for this thread - you'll note that the distasteful anti-Muslim comments on the forum I linked to were all posted in the past few days. So the vile anti-Muslims do exist and are indeed celebrating this crime.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk