Iran Stoning Sentence

Topic locked
Iran stoning sentence Aug 29, 2010
The case of 43 year-old mother of two Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani has sparked outrage after she was found guilty of adultery.

Tehran insists the furore is being deliberately stoked by the West to damage it.

In the French capital, however, there was little sympathy for that point of view.

French-Jewish writer Marek Halter said: ‘‘For me women are a thermometer of humanity, of human kind. We can say to all the world’s leaders without doubt. show me how you treat your women in your country and you will show who you are.’‘I consider it really unjust and awful. I don’t understand how this can exist today

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Iran Stoning Sentence Aug 31, 2010
did she really do it ?
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

She admitted it, they say under prison's torturing though!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Iran stoning sentence Aug 31, 2010
ok, so what about the man she had an affair with? Let me guess he gets away scott free with no sentence at all, because of course it's the woman's fault for being a wicked temptress. Please this is the 21st century.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Leaving aside the point that the Quran does not say adulterers should be stoned, there are elements of the story which aren't that well publicised.

Firstly, her husband was murdered (and the murderer was forgiven by her children), and she has apparently confessed to being complicit in this.

She was initially convicted of fornication and sentenced to lashes, but then this was later ammended to adultery when she was accused of infidelity before the murder of her husband.

I don't know what happened to the men - Melika do you know? They should suffer the same punishment according to the Quran.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Iran stoning sentence Aug 31, 2010
The next might be Zahra Bahrami. A Dutch-Iranian woman participated in the Ashura uprising. Not sure what the official charges are. Anyway, the Iranian regime refuses the Dutch embassy to help or see her.

I am sure people didn't miss the fact that women protesting stoning are prostitutes now according to the Iranian state media.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Iran Stoning Sentence Sep 01, 2010
shafique wrote:
I don't know what happened to the men - Melika do you know? They should suffer the same punishment according to the Quran.

yes according to the law he should suffer the same punishment, but even in the Iranian media there is nothing about him. donno what happened to him...

-- Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:27 pm --

Correction: as the guy was not married, his punishment is 100 lashes! nothing more!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk