Conspiracy Theory Of The Conspiracy Theory?

Topic locked
Conspiracy theory of the conspiracy theory? Nov 04, 2010
I'm a bit shocked that our resident loon has found something in my comments that he warrants are conspiratorial, or 'extremist'.

But apparently saying that conspiracy theories in the Muslim world are wide spread, with the media often times taking part, has managed to shock our resident loon:

shafique wrote:Well, it looks like we have to add conspiracy theorist to the growing list:

event horizon wrote: Muslim spokespersons and their useful idiot stooges, always careful to highlight perceived media bias against Islam in the West, are often (always) silent on the real bias and libel spread in the Muslim world against Jews and Christians.

dubai-politics-talk/what-christianophobia-christians-are-targets-sez-qaeda-t44001.html#p352975

Ooooh - the mooslims and their media propaganda machines, spreading libel and lies about Jews and Christians. Just a short step away from believing Muslims drink the blood of Christian babies and want to take over the world because of hidden messages Guru Bob has uncovered in the Quran! Scary stuff - but perhaps just a hang-over from Halloween?

philosophy-dubai/most-extreme-religous-fanatic-here-t41961-15.html#p352988

Outside the possibility that our resident loon misread my comment (which may be likely considering his response to what I actually wrote), is my comment all that eye-brow raising?

I thought it's pretty much a given that the Muslim world does collectively believe in conspiracy theories, including the spreading of lies against Jews and Christians - from Zionist conspiracy theories (I have no shortage I could post from google) to the recent examples where Christian Egyptians are being accused of stockpiling weapons from Israel in their Churches and monasteries - this was made on al-Jazeera by prominent Egyptian Muhammad Salim al-Awwa, ex-secretary general of the International Union for Muslim Scholars - to another allegation against Egyptian Christians that they are holding hostage Coptic women who have converted to Islam.

The latter conspiracy theory/lie against Christians managed to make its way to Iraq - as all other conspiracy theories in the Muslim world know no borders - and was used as justification by al-Qaeda terrorists to take Christians hostage and later kill them and more recently to declare war against all Christians.

dubai-politics-talk/what-christianophobia-christians-are-targets-sez-qaeda-t44001.html

dubai-politics-talk/jihad-attack-against-church-leaves-dead-t43968.html

So, I am a little surprised at the surprise. Is our resident loon really saying that conspiracy theories and libel spread against Christians and Jews in the Muslim world doesn't run rampant, or is this another case of our loon misreading my comment?

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk