Child Abuse In Sweden

Topic locked
Child Abuse in Sweden Feb 27, 2012
[This post will be in the style of the 'hype and hate' posts that have mushroomed lately]

Whilst many may deny that the Bible has violent verses that lead European Christians to commit barbaric acts against others, we see yet again another example of Bible bashers abusing children.

This time in Sweden, it has taken the authorities years to look into a Swedish couple's abuse of their daughter - all in the belief that she was a witch and possessed of demons.

Our resident extremist Christian, event horizon, has defended witch trials and said that the Christians in the USA have a 'right way' of trying witches - whilst his African brothers 'aren't doing it right' when they put witches on trial according to their reading of the Bible.

Well, let us hear from event horizon on the child abuse in the name of religion in Sweden:
http://www.thelocal.se/38780/20120128/

Were the parents obediently following the Bible or not?

[/end of 'hate and hype' style]

But seriously, this is quite a disturbing news story - especially that it took the authorities so long to address it.

Cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Child Abuse In Sweden Feb 27, 2012
It reminds me of the very sad story of a young deaf girl kept prisoner by a Pakistani couple in Manchester.

A deaf girl allegedly kept in a cellar, raped and treated as a slave in Greater Manchester has told a court of years of beatings and cruelty.

The girl, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, told the jury of the alleged abuse after being trafficked to the UK from Pakistan in 2000.

Ilyas Ashar, 83, and his wife, Tallat Ashar, 66, from Eccles, have denied charges at Minshull Street Crown Court.

Among the charges they face are false imprisonment and human trafficking.

The orphaned youngster was slapped, beaten, sexually abused and hit with a rolling pin while forced to work for no money during the day at the couple's home in Eccles, Salford, the court heard.

'Sad and weak'

At night the girl was made to sleep on the concrete floor of a cellar, the door bolted, the jury was told.

Her true age is not known, but it is thought she was aged between 10 and 12 when she came to the UK.

Asked about her life, she told the jury using sign language via an interpreter: "I was sad and weak because I was working so hard. I used to cook and clean for hours.

Continue reading the main story
Analysis
Nick Ravenscroft

BBC North of England correspondent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The practicalities of hearing this case are extremely complex. The alleged victim is giving evidence via videolink, which is not unusual when a witness is deemed to be vulnerable.

But with her at a remote location are two interpreters and an intermediary. He is registered by the Ministry of Justice and his role is to make sure she understands fully what is happening.

All exchanges between the judge and young woman have to be interpreted by a deaf signer and the intermediary, who is also deaf. Effectively everything is being done in triplicate.
"They used to hit me from being very very little, all the time."

Shown a photo of Mrs Ashar, to identify her alleged abuser, the girl said: "That's the woman who used to hit me and beat me all the time as I was growing up.

"All through my life she's been hitting me.

"She used to hit me with her ring, she used to hit me in the face and cut my face with her ring. It hurt. She would scratch me.
"I would be down in the cellar, sitting alone and very upset. I could not get out."

The girl would put cups and crockery down on tables but Mrs Ashar would complain she put them down too hard and made too much noise - and so would slap her, she told the court.

She was also shown a photo of Mr Ashar, who is accused of raping the girl.

"The old man, he's bad," she told the court. "He's the one who has sex with me."

The court heard the girl has no family in the UK and has never been to school in the UK or Pakistan and cannot read or write.

Mr and Mrs Ashar both deny two counts of human trafficking into the UK for exploitation and a single count of false imprisonment.

Mr Ashar also denies 12 counts of rape and Mrs Ashar denies one count of sexual assault and unlawful wounding. The couple deny charges of benefit fraud along with their daughter Faaiza, 44.

The trial continues.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Are you saying that the Pakistani family in the UK also abused their child because of Biblical teachings about possession? The report just seems to be talking about human traficking and imprisonment.

Did you read the first news story, or are you jumping to the wong conclusions (again?)

:roll:

(I think you just tried and failed to make a 'whataboutery' argument) :D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

What's up? Did the thought of that 83 year old Pakistani man sweating over the 12 year old deaf girl turn your stomach? It did mine!

At least she didn't have to hear his grunts as he forced his way into her, with her being deaf. I wonder what it felt like to have his stinking breath on her neck?

His wife wasn't any better either was she? She's charged with se.xual assault.

I won't put a smilie in my post, I'll leave that to you.
Bethsmum

Re: Child Abuse In Sweden Feb 28, 2012
Absolutely - I was quite offended by both crimes. But what has the crime in the UK got to do with the one in Sweden?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Whilst many may deny that the Bible has violent verses that lead European Christians to commit barbaric acts against others, we see yet again another example of Bible bashers abusing children.

I was just giving you another example of Muzzers abusing children! What verse of the Koran justified that little lot?
Bethsmum

Oh, so you think that a Swedish couple using the Bible to justify abusing their daughter is the same as a Pakistani human traficker in the UK. Hmm.

Logic isn't your strong point is it?

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The logic of the OP sailed over the head. Let me make it simple, he was trying to parody EH and company lol
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oh lets not be confused people!

What we have here is another one of Shafique's veiled attempts at baiting people.

He whins constantly about people knocking Islam and then makes a post about Bible bashers abusing children.

Of course no Muslim people would abuse children would they? Unheard of.

--- Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:25 am ---

shafique wrote:Our resident extremist Christian, event horizon

From our resident Muslim nutter!
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Oh lets not be confused people!

What we have here is another one of Shafique's veiled attempts at baiting people.

He whins constantly about people knocking Islam and then makes a post about Bible bashers abusing children.

Of course no Muslim people would abuse children would they? Unheard of.
Tell that to EH, OP just a parady of EH posts here. You never said any of this to EH, so it is ok EH but not Shaf. I don't recommend going down to EH level though.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

LOL - BM has yet another conspiracy theory. :roll:

I'm the one baiting eh now.. I love it. ;)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I'm the one baiting eh now.. I love it.

Yes, you do it constantly. If your post is ignored, you often repost it to try to get some reaction.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk