Call To Remove Hate Material From Textbooks

Topic locked
Call to remove hate material from textbooks Sep 01, 2012
Dawagandist wrote:Ooooh - the mooslims and their media propaganda machines, spreading libel and lies about Jews and Christians.

Spreading hate and lies about Christians? Perish the thought!

I support the call to remove hate material from textbooks, but according to the misinformation of other posters, people aren't being taught to hate Christians (as claimed on the forum); so I guess this member doesn't back to the call to remove hate material s/he claims doesn't exist.
He added that the study examined 22 textbooks for the academic year 2012-13, under use in Punjab and Sindh for grades 1-10. There are 55 chapters containing hate material against Hindus, India and Christians, insulting remarks against the minority religions and distorted historical facts. According to the report, the textbooks heavily rely on the rhetoric that Hindus opposed while Muslims favoured creation of Pakistan, that during partition only Muslims faced violent attacks, loss of life and property, whereas Muslims did not take part in this bloodshed, Peter added. Peter added that the whole treatment and arrangement of textbooks was visibly discriminatory against non-Muslim citizens of Pakistan, violating articles 18, 20, 22 and 25 of the constitution.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012\08\31\story_31-8-2012_pg7_14

With the Saudi imams being told to tone down their rhetoric calling for the destruction of Jews and Christians, I wonder how this poster could possibly respond now that textbooks in Pakistan are shown to be teaching generations to hate members of other religions?

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Call to remove hate material from textbooks Sep 04, 2012
News of Saudi clerics praying for the destruction of Christians and Jews and Pakistani textbooks teaching intolerance isn't surprising: hate that exists needed to come somewhere.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk