Britain Updates It's Prevent Policy

Topic locked
Re: Britain Updates it's Prevent Policy Jun 11, 2011
Don't spend too much time worrying about it Shafique. It's British policy meant for the UK only.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Britain Updates It's Prevent Policy Jun 11, 2011
shafique wrote:Interesting belief there. For me though - 99 actual terrorist attacks from non-Muslims in the UK last year seems to be a bigger threat than the 0 (?) from Muslims, but hey - each is entitled to their 'analysis'. ;)

On the re-vamped policy - whilst I agree with the overall aim, I'm not too sure about some of the specifics. Some seem to have been designed more for political spin than for effectiveness - such as enlisting healthcare workers (doctors, nurses etc) in the 'fight'. Perhaps I'm missing something in the detail, but it seems a bit c.ock-eyed to me.

Cheers,
Shafique

Well I, and I am pretty sure most of the population of the UK if not the wider western world, would rather put their trust in the 'analysis' of gathered intelligence by the various governmental Home Office departments charged with that particular task, than take seriously, your particular flawed spin on the subject.

Theresa May stated, The strategy would be targeted against "those forms of terrorism which pose the greatest risk to our national security, currently al-Qaeda and those they inspire", in Birmingham, Blackburn with Darwen, Bradford, Derby, Leeds, Leicester, Luton, Manchester, Stoke and 15 areas of London, areas of GB with large Muslim communities, and by enlisting the help of the wider communities, Shaf responds with;

Perhaps I'm missing something in the detail, but it seems a bit c.ock-eyed to me.

No surprises there then eeh?

:lol: :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

99 actual terror attacks by non-Muslims in the UK is hardly something that can be spun. Neither is the number of actual terror attacks by Muslims in the same period (possible as low as zero).

But - trying to spin my comment about enlisting healthcare workers as something else! It is either an epic fail of comprehension or a subtle (or perhaps co.ckeyed?) attempt at humour. ;)

:D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

You mean the 99 terror attacks in NI of course?
Dillon

Dillon, clearly Shaf is having trouble pushing his 99 down your throat.

Shaf, maybe you can get Dillon to bend over so you try pushing them up instead of down. :P :P
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dillon - yes I mean the 99 terror attacks carried out by non-Muslims in the UK.

I'm not counting the terror attacks that took place outside the UK.

Now, what was the equivalent number of terror attacks in the UK carried out by Muslims? Was there even one?

:)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

The UK is made up of several Countries Shaf, each governed by varying degrees of independence from Central Government, some even have their own independent Anti-Terrorist office, could you be more specific as to which Country these 99 attacks you keep referring to took place, were they spread evenly across the UK or were there more attacks in some Countries over others, understanding where the majority of the attacks took place would of course enable us all to evaluate which Countries were in fact more at risk than others from the 99 Attacks?

:o
Dillon

This whole thread made me remember that 69 se.x bombs song.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I, unlike herve, am not confused of the territorial boundaries of the UK. ;)

The 99 terror attacks carried out by non-Muslims within the UK last year didn't occur in the Shetlands, Orkneys, Isle of Wight or indeed Surrey - but it did take place in the UK. The terror attacks (if any) by Muslims in the UK also didn't take place in the places I've listed - indeed most places in the UK had no terror attacks.

But when looking at the terror threat within the UK, it is normal to count the terror attacks that took place within the UK. The 99 terror attacks by non-Muslims should be compared with the equivalent number by Muslims.

Seems logical to me.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

And the breakdown of the number of bombs in each Country would be again?
Dillon

You could break it down by street if you wish. No terror attacks by Muslims or non-Muslims in my street in Surrey. ;)

However, I was looking at the UK as a whole. And when we do that, we find:

99 terror attacks by non-Muslims, vs 0? by Muslims over the same period.

(But if you want to break it down by countries within the UK - go ahead, just give us the numbers of terror attacks by muslim vs non-muslim in each country. You can start with Northern Ireland - as we have the number there by non-Muslims as ... well, you know the number by now.. ;) )

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Shafique bro, are you an actuary,specialized on life insurance,with intensified interest in international terrorism, in particular to UK and Ireland.:D ? You know you've gotta tell them why your stats cannot fail and just have to be reliable ones! :wink:
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

shafique wrote:You could break it down by street if you wish. No terror attacks by Muslims or non-Muslims in my street in Surrey. ;)

However, I was looking at the UK as a whole. And when we do that, we find:

99 terror attacks by non-Muslims, vs 0? by Muslims over the same period.

Cheers,
Shafique

Shaf I think have to include those terrorist attacks that were prevented. Although you claim that there were no terrorist attacks, you have to consider those terrorist attacks that were prevented, which proves that terrorism is still alive and unwell in the UK.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Dillon wrote:And the breakdown of the number of bombs in each Country would be again?
Dillon

Berrin, again - the 99 real terror acts aren't 'my statistics' but the official police statistics. I am still waiting for the equivalent number of real terror acts by muslims. :D :D

Cheers,
Shafique

-- Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:56 pm --

@Bora - the 99 terror attacks by non-Muslims in the UK include those that were thwarted by police. So, yes, we do indeed need to include the equivalent number on the Muslim side too.

I haven't got that number (it is what I'm requesting from Dillon), hence why I'm saying 0? and not '0'.

Cheers,
Shafique

-- Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:58 pm --

shafique wrote:
The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said 99 viable bombs either exploded or were defused by army experts in the year to the end of March, compared with 50 a year ago.
The security threat level stands at severe and police officers -- especially Catholics who have been encouraged to join the force -- have been targeted.

At the beginning of April, a car bomb killed a 25 year-old Catholic constable. One man has been charged in connection with the bombing and a woman is being questioned by detectives.

Ronan Kerr was the second Catholic officer to be murdered in two years, several more have been severely wounded or had narrow escapes.
Thursday’s police figures show that 188 people were arrested under the Terrorism Act, compared with 169 the year before. Those charged rose to 40 from 36.

As well as bombings there were 72 shooting incidents, 33 casualties resulting from paramilitary style shootings and 81 paramilitary style assaults.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUST ... 2?irpc=932
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Shaf, I love the way you pick and chose which statistics are valid and invalid. I guess the only ones that count are those that fit your mindset.

I noticed you have, for the second time, ignored my posts regarding those attacks that were prevented. Why aren't they included in your factfinding mission? The fact that they didn't happen doesn't change the fact that Islamic terrorists continue to plot against the UK. Or, is it only valid when there is an actual Islamic terrorist attack, not the prevention of an attack?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Which statistics am I excluding?

I'm agreeing with you, we SHOULD indeed include the statistics relating to terror attacks by Muslims that have been prevented.

I'm not the one who is saying 'believe me' - I'm the one saying 'here are the statistics for terrorism in the UK by non-Muslims, let's compare the numbers with those by Muslims'.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Which statistics am I excluding?

I'm agreeing with you, we SHOULD indeed include the statistics relating to terror attacks by Muslims that have been prevented.

I'm not the one who is saying 'believe me' - I'm the one saying 'here are the statistics for terrorism in the UK by non-Muslims, let's compare the numbers with those by Muslims'.

Cheers,
Shafique

I'm not saying you are excluding statistics. I'm sure if someone spent a considerable amount of time searching the biggest information bank available, they could come up with something that could/would contradict your stats. Do you really believe that if there are 100 statistics on one specific survey/question/subject, that they would all come up with the same results?

If you agree with me, then you cannot say that terrorist attacks equal zero.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hey, if statistics are produced that show that there were more terrorist plots etc carried out by Muslims in the UK than the ones listed above, then yes - I'll happily concede that the statistics show that Muslim terrorists are a greater problem.

I find it hard to dispute imaginary or 'possible' statistics though.

I have not said that the equivalent number of attacks by Muslim is definitely zero - I've tried to each time put a question mark (but if I slipped in one or two of the posts - I apologise). I think that there must be at least SOME terrorist plots by Muslims over the same period... if so, let's see the numbers.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I’ll write a letter to Jonathan Evans, DG at MI5 and see if he can help you with the stats you need for your personal evaluation of the current terrorist threat to the UK Shaf, no thanks necessary, I’ll post the response here on DF when I get it for all to see.

:lol:
Dillon

A simple, 'I'm embarrassed to give you the equivalent number of actual terrorist attacks by Muslims in the same period' would have sufficed.

But if you do get the stats from MI5, let me know.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

So in which of these 99 terrorist attacks would have put Britain on high alert over?

Surely there were attempts to blow up buses, down airliners, truck bomb stadiums or take out Easter shoppers....right?

After all, I'm sure you can agree with me that bombings where the authorities were alerted ahead of time to evacuate the area - and which cause little property damage - cannot be considered national security risks and should be excluded from your stats.
event horizon

Re: Britain Updates It's Prevent Policy Jun 12, 2011
Dillon wrote:
symmetric wrote:You fear & hate justice, right? ;)

I have a healthy fear Paranoia, Schizophrenia and Paranoid Schizophrenics.

I would fight for justice, and I hate injustice.

Liar :blackeye:
You call tearing apart the Palestinian land and nation a democratic vote. lol
symmetric
BANNED

I keep seeing the title as Britain Updates it's Pervert Policy !!!!
desertdudeshj

The UK deserves all threats from anywhere. We in the MENA don't give a MONEKY'S!
Believe me, we really hope to see a torn up UK, because we have a strong belief that the UK has caused deep damage to our region and thus it deserves any hard time ;)

They colonize the Indian continenat for a looong time, and then complain from having many Indians & Pakistanis in the UK today. Birmingham feels cosy with all the Indians and Pakistanis there :D Keep it up!
symmetric
BANNED

desertdudeshj

Re: Britain Updates it's Prevent Policy Jun 12, 2011
Just as well we're getting a grip with our immigration policy munchkin!

How is the application to Canada/Australia/wherever going?

Any luck claiming Mrs DDS is an accountant? LOL
Bethsmum

Moving into a neighbourhood near you. Look behind you....BOO !!

Probably just shited yourself eh ? LOL
desertdudeshj

Prompt by that video on the other thread of the IDF running away from the "la la la" hahaha !!! :mrgreen:
symmetric
BANNED

Touche' :D
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk