Black Student Leaders Slam 'apartheid' Characterization

Topic locked
Black student leaders slam 'apartheid' characterization Apr 10, 2011
Good to see some common sense prevail in this issue. Black student leaders have now come out in condemnation over the wingnut's annual week long hate fest - 'Israel apartheid week' - by issuing full page ads in newspapers denouncing the wingnuts behind this event.

It just goes to show oneself how far from reality wingnuts actually are on any given issue. Minority groups who know what apartheid actually is are condemning loon leftists in their attempt to obsess, single out and portray Israel as an apartheid nation.

“The Students for Justice in Palestine’s labeling of Israel, an extremely diverse and vibrant country, as an apartheid state is not only false, but offensive,” Vanguard President Michael Hayes told The Jerusalem Post. “Additionally, this rhetoric does absolutely nothing to help Israel-Palestine negotiations or relations. We feel this type of action serves to hinder the peace process domestically and abroad, and have made it our priority to take a stand to shift the tide of understanding.”

In a statement released by the Vanguard Leadership Group as to why they authored the open letter to SJP, Vanguard described itself as “proudly involved in the pro-Israel movement in America.

http://www.jpost.com/International/Arti ... ?id=215811

I'll be interested in the Left wing loon response to black students who condemn their project. But I can hardly imagine their response will be found in their rolodex of talking points by calling their critics (black students) 'racists':

http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ll-my.html

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Black student leaders slam 'apartheid' characterization Apr 12, 2011
Oh dear, I wonder how much they have been awarded/or how long of a time their certain interests will be protected for a small statment as such. Those black students should be awarded visit to south africa to understand how evil apartheid is meant to be..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

I think they already know, that's why the comparison is ludicrous.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Are you saying that they never heard of Mandela and his international/local appeal against apartheid..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk