Ordering From Dell Middle East - Any Experiences?

Topic locked
Ordering from Dell Middle East - any experiences? Jan 22, 2007
Hi all,

I'll need to set up my sytems in Dubai very soon.

Hence I need some feedback on your experiences with the local Dell resellers (Key Information Technology LLC www.kit.ae / Emirates Computers www.emiratescomputers.ae)

Whom would you recommend?

Fast replies are highly appreciated,
kind regards
Globetrotter

Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 22, 2007
I have found Dell in the Middle East to be more expensive and from my dealing with the partners they dont seem very professional at all.

From my experience i have seen that HP seems to have the best prices and more importantly there after sale service (via Emitac) is excellent!! I had a laptop with a broken motherboard but was under warranty. I had the motherboard replaced and even keys on the keyboard restored for no charge at all.

just my two cents.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 23, 2007
emirates computers : the lady on the phone is pretty unattentive, but their technians are good and they are good on their job. i recommend them as dell resellers but you have to be sure that you show your value to them so they fix it at the earliest.
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 25, 2007
I have dealt with kit gulf, emirates computers and a lot more.

I'd recommend not to go with Dell at all. Atleast not in the middle east. Dell is excellent in the USA and UK but in the middle east, the agents are real bad.

You will not get ontime service, you will get excuses, you will get extremely high prices, you will get answers like "Can you call me in 10 mins?" from the Vendor. I mean the Agent tells the customer to call back.. never heard that before..

When a customer demands a call back in 20mins, pray away because it'll take them 4-5 hrs to get back with you or maybe never.

HP is better in Service. Prices are still high as they are for ALL ELECTRONICS and IT RELATED PRODUCTS here in the UAE but you will get good service. A little slow but then again, NO ONE in the UAE does things on time which is what pisses me off the most.

If you want the HP contact or email me and i'll help you out
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 25, 2007
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Will try to get a quote from HP. Never used their products before though - up 'til now I have been a hardcore dell groupie...
Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 13, 2007
Just to give you an update:
I ordered the high-end Workstations from Europe. Shipping costs door to door roughly 500 EUR for 5 PC`s.

The monitors I bought through "Cute Computers" in Computerplaza. They had to get these from a HP wholesaler in Jebel Ali (since I needed 20" tft`s), but they were able to deliver within two hours... the shop looks quite dodgy at first sight, but it turned out to be a good experience.
Globetrotter
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk