I Need Help From Anyone In Dubai Please!

Topic locked
I need help from anyone in Dubai please! Oct 16, 2008
Right, well i'm going to try my best to make this post not sound like spam.

Basically, I'm a web master based in the UK, and we've had increasing reports of our sites (engineering recruitment based) not being available in the UAE. Now i've been in touch with ISP's who tell us we aren't blocked, and users who basically tell me everything seems ok, excepting they cannot browse our sites. (they just aren't viewable)

If there are any people living there who have 2-3 minutes to spare, I would really appreciate it, all i need is for you to test 3-4 websites and tell me if you get a 404 (error page), or the sites web page, and what ISP you are using.
I won't post the links here as I read it's against the rules, but if you are willing to help, send me a PM and I'll return the links to you.
Once again, seriously, this is not spam, its just the quickest and widest audience i could think of to tackle my problem.

I thank you all massively in advance if you can help.

Cheers,
Matt

flickr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 16, 2008
u can't read ur pms till u post 10 messages. try to post the link here and I'll help u out...
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 17, 2008
everyone needs help
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 17, 2008
bedro wrote:u can't read ur pms till u post 10 messages. try to post the link here and I'll help u out...

Ah didn't know that either. Ah well, here goes. i'll post them in non-clickable format (just add the w's and remove spaces for dots)
icerecruit com
ice org uk
scoss org uk

Many thanks in advance
flickr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 17, 2008
flickr wrote:
bedro wrote:u can't read ur pms till u post 10 messages. try to post the link here and I'll help u out...

Ah didn't know that either. Ah well, here goes. i'll post them in non-clickable format (just add the w's and remove spaces for dots)
icerecruit com
ice org uk
scoss org uk

Many thanks in advance

no problem links as this seems a genuine posting

Mod
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 17, 2008
Thanks for the all clear Arnie.

Lets just hope someone can help.
flickr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 17, 2008
flickr wrote:Ah didn't know that either. Ah well, here goes. i'll post them in non-clickable format (just add the w's and remove spaces for dots)
icerecruit com
ice org uk
scoss org uk

Many thanks in advance

Please confirm that those are ur URLs. None of them loaded anyways:

www.icerecruit.com
http://www.ice.org.uk/
www.scoss.org.uk
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2008
Thanks Bedro, and yes, they are all correct. I can't but wonder if its our entire IP range that isn't loading for you. This site: 'blog icerecruit com' is on our linux host, in case its just a windows problem could you test that please?
flickr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 18, 2008
Not working neither. But that time I've got the 404 page much faster, the others take ages to load and eventually show nothing.

I'd recommend that you check the DNS server. It could be blocked itself... I didn't get the blocked page (a page displaying a message stating that the content I'm trying to reach is blocked) and the tremendous load time means it's trying to look the URL up.
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 19, 2008
thanks again bedro. Interesting you got a 404 on the linux server and a timeout on the windows boxes. I'll have to take it up with our isp and dns providers, see if there are any issues there.
Can you ping each host and let me know if your dns provider is picking up the correct ip address for each host name?
flickr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 19, 2008
hi Flickr
i use DU connection, the sites working wz no prob. may ne bedro use Etisalat connection, any how you can call Etisalat customer support and sure they will check if there is a block on you IP range, you can mail them on the gived details.

good luck
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 20, 2008
that is truly excellent news yasrkasem, thank you very much. I have already been in touch with Etisalat who denied they were blocking us, but I shall query them again pushing them to check if the ip range is blocked rather than just the site names.
flickr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 23, 2008
Pinging failed. Host could not be found. So it's most likely the DNS.
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 23, 2008
thanks Bedro
could you possible copy and paste the text from a ping of one of the domains into here?
flickr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 01, 2008
wish this position have been solve
enlaine
Dubai Forum User

Nov 05, 2008
I've had some reports that the sites are available now, can anyone confirm this?
flickr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk