Internet Options For Short Stay In Dubai?

Topic locked
Internet options for short stay in Dubai? Nov 30, 2008
Hi guys, how's everyone doing? Hopefully someone can answer a question that I have..

My parents are in Dubai now for a short stay (1 month), living at one of the buildings in the International City. I've been trying to find out about options of internet access for them. Found out that Al-Shamil and the broadband packages at Du requires a tenancy contract proof, which they do not have, since their stay is on a day-to-day rental basis.

They have a laptop with bluetooth connectivity and also two mobile phone connections (pre-paid) of Etisalat and Du, but they are not smartphones. What options are we left with here for internet?? :shock:

feelgood_7
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 01, 2008
You can get the 3.5G wireless broadband thing from Etisalat using only your passport copy. That's what I used when I first got to UAE.

Not sure if this link will work but Here it is. Once you get the USB receiver from Etisalat and a sim card you just sign up for the plan (via Topping up the new sim with $$$, putting it in your phone and calling 121 to sign up, then putting back into the USB receiver thing).
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 01, 2008
Thanks for the reply, Captain Australia. Will look into this! :)
feelgood_7
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 09, 2008
Good question, I plan to travel to Dubai next year and I am wondering the same thing.

How fast is the connection and how much does it cost?

Is Etisalat the main/only ISP in Dubai?
compevo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk