GSM Signal Booster Products In Dubai?

Topic locked
GSM Signal Booster products in Dubai? Dec 04, 2006
Hi,

does anyone know of any company or have a contact that sells GSM Signal Boosters?

If someone could let me know, i'd appreciate it

nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 04, 2006
you need to check the market.. they sell it .. undercover though..

check in naif, or in baraha :)

p.s: are you talking about the high power clip antenna.. or the signal relay ?
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 04, 2006
Undercover? Why? I think its neat.... a lot of company in Jebel Ali needs that..specially those in the warehouse type, no signal at all! :?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 04, 2006
i really dont know..i had inquired about this before in the market for a dual sim card slot connector..and i did ask about the relay..and the antennas...

he had the antenna..but he told some shop keepers sell it undercover and i wont get it easily..

i wonder it too why..

( from my personal experience : i have personally seen those nigerian email scammers use them..i know many of them as well .. so may be it has some sort of illegal use or something )
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 04, 2006
zam wrote:Undercover? Why? I think its neat.... a lot of company in Jebel Ali needs that..specially those in the warehouse type, no signal at all! :?

exactly. My company has a branch in Jebel Ali and we have a warehouse that gets no signal so I need a GSM Signal Booster for that.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 04, 2006
I dont think they are illegal. Back in the day the signal used to be horrible inside apartments in the greens so the IT shop (next to choitram behind Emaar business park) there used to carry them. But now Etisalat got that sorted so not sure if they still have them there.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 04, 2006
anybody tried electronic shops ?? plugins ?? axiom ?? anywhere ? let me know.. it will come handy when i am in the washroom..i can then happily have a bath n a chat..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 05, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:
zam wrote:Undercover? Why? I think its neat.... a lot of company in Jebel Ali needs that..specially those in the warehouse type, no signal at all! :?

exactly. My company has a branch in Jebel Ali and we have a warehouse that gets no signal so I need a GSM Signal Booster for that.

ehem.. ehem...
with my experience in telecommunication I would say that u need what we call a repeater !!!
It is like a channel that delivers signals from inside (the building) to outside (the buidling) and vice versa.
Well they used to be legal and the cost was about 1700 Dhs for a one that handles up to 20 mobiles. Yet, the new Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA) issued new regultaions which bans the use of repeaters without an approval from them. Go to Al Baraha area where they sell the cell phones, u would find shops there that sell these things if they still do.

Good luck !! 8)
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Dec 05, 2006
yep al baraha.. u will find the whole mobile market there.. best of luck

there is london phones ..in the same place. may be u can try some luck there if you are arabic speaking
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk