Advice On A Good Hot-spot Pls !!

Topic locked
Advice on a good hot-spot pls !! Apr 17, 2006
Hi everyone...thanks for peeping in.

Can some one pls advise me on a free-wireless-internet spot in the Karama or Burdubai area.

I know some coffee shops and food courts have it....but can u tell me if i can have some cheap drink over there and hang around for a good 2-3 hours.

The whole point is that i dont wanna pay for unnecessary hot/cold drinks in an outlet just to utilize their wireless service. The same goes for food courts cos i take my food and drink in the later part of the night anyways.

I dont mind a dark place...sheesha or club type outlet...where i can sit in a corner and work.

Any cost affective advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks !

kamiahmed
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 17, 2006
Whole point is so u don't have to pay for what u use right?

Its for this reason shops don't want people like you occupying seats. At least refresh ur beverage periodically then the shops won't mind you being there.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 17, 2006
That's the cost of owning a laptop w/ Wi-Fi. If you're going to sit in a coffee shop at least buy a few drinks. But if you want free-wireless internet access, turn on your computer and find a signal if you would'nt mind moving from one place to another til you get the best spot.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 17, 2006
I used to own a business and I have managed many businesses in my time. I ain't old either....

I can respectfully say that I have no pity or desire to aid the poster wanting a cheap ride in a coffee/sheesha shop to surf the net on their dime.

You wish to avail yourself of a business's offerings, GREAT! But you must respect the business and that the people in charge need to make money to put food on their family's table as well as pay their employees so they can feed, in turn, their families.

Attitudes such as yours, I'm sorry to say, are not professional and are quite self-centered.

You want the net, go to a internet cafe and buy a couple of drinks proportional to the time you spent there or, alternativly, get internet at home and work there.... You could of course go sit on a bench outside the establishment and use their wireless, but if they are smart they will have password protection to block people like you mooching off them.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 17, 2006
Some people just baffle me. :?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 18, 2006
yeash, i agree.
Buy a drink you cheapsake! :x
dell
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 18, 2006
Its cheapskate :lol:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 19, 2006
kanelli wrote:Some people just baffle me. :?

Snap!
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk