Add Site Url

Topic locked
add site url May 01, 2007
Any one knows how to submit site on google.
I have been trying to add a site but no luck.

ShahidSA
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 01, 2007
If you just want to add your URL to google,

http://www.google.com/addurl/
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

May 01, 2007
How do I add my site to Google's search results?

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?
answer=34397

I added mine and it worked.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

May 01, 2007
That oracle tunning application looks handy - might have to ping you sometime for some advice ;)

Regarding your site you should search on 'SEO' (search engine optimization).

Just by you posting the link to your site in this forum has and will improve your search rating. Google works on how many sites link to you - if a site such as yahoo links to you (as a lot of sites link to yahoo) then you are going to do even better. Basically the more people link to your site and the amount of people that in turn link to them is what determines page ranking.

You should also read up about google bots or spiders. They will search your front page for links and other information which if formated in the correct manner will increase your search placing or determine what keywords will map to your site.

For tips look at other oracle information sites and view the page source.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Tried all May 01, 2007
Guys ,
I know and read all of the sites that talk about submission, downloaded tools etc.
My ratings would improve, yes if i put my link in forums like this one.
But the fact is that when i enter my full site url to any search engines(google , msn yahoo, i did use their proper url submit forms), my site does not appear.

Any more tips.....?
ShahidSA
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 09, 2007
Patience is a virtue my friend,

Give it a few weeks as your site will be crawled the next time the Google Bot goes 'on its rounds'. Your site will then get indexed, chances are that it will rank high in the search engines for a few weeks, then it will drop into the 'sandbox' unless you keep the site fresh and get some quality inbound links.

So far the site looks good but just keep adding to it, keep it fresh and get other related sites, e.g. database related to link back to you.

Hope it helps!
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk