Weekenduae Blog

Topic locked
weekenduae blog Apr 30, 2012
Salaam,

Canadian writer and photographer in UAE since 1999 has started a blog on Weekend driving ideas for the UAE.

Ideas, routes and plans for weekend adventures in the UAE (and Oman) with all trip details including description, GPS track, interactive map, and photos. Updated at the beginning of every month with a fresh trip and freely available to all.

Not looking for money, not looking for anything: it's just I've been to absolutely awesome places in the UAE that other people seem to miss during their time here, and I figure it's because they don't know where these places are or how to get there.

Well, it seems I'm not allowed to post the link... guess you'll be able to find me if interested - Marhaba Sah, everyone!

prossett
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Weekenduae Blog May 01, 2012
Bro, once you've reached a certain number of posts you're allowed to post links. Sort of a not very effective spam detterent as you can see.

lol
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

No worries, I got to the end of the post to find that out, and so I put it through anyways without the link and images I was going to put in. Maybe I should have put in the alt text: "photo of waterfall cascading on my daughter's head in a natural wadi near Bureimi." LOL
prossett
Dubai Expat Wannabe

FYI : For the time being don't give out too much personal info or post pics of a personal nature ( friends, family, etc etc ) which I know you have a habbit of. This forum is not like others, there are some sad and bitter creatures lurking around. Also be cautious of anyone who has joined recently with a low post count, these are reincarnations of the above mentioned sad creatures.

Now you must be thinking where the hell did I end up ! LOL
desertdudeshj

Well, judging from your avatar, I'm in safe hands... LOOOL

Kidding aside, thanks for the heads up.
prossett
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Welcome! (and DDS gives good advice regarding the bitter creatures still lurking about) :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Beware of PMs welcoming you. There is one creature that takes to cuddling up with men on a forum. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Guys, you're scaring me - now there's bad creatures with PMS coming after me!!!! ;)
prossett
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Hahaha...... Don't worry about prossett, known him for many years, he can handle the creatures from the black lagoon very well, just needed to warn him that there was an infestation in the first place !

And yes PMS would explain a lot about the nesting habits of the afforementioned creature ! LOL
desertdudeshj

prossett ,

PMs silly. As in Private Messages!!!! I think her days of PMSing are behind her. :D

--- Tue May 01, 2012 5:35 pm ---

desertdudeshj ,

Be careful DDS. She may claim that you are a bit jealous from being left out of the hunt. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

True, its been decades since PMSing for it and who knows maybe I am jealous ! :D
desertdudeshj

Be aware of RobbyG. He wants to spin you in his BMW. He tried and told and showed me everything about others.
Lying Dutchwoman
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sadly, so far no dark characters lurking in my inbox... only you guys - WAIT! Maybe you are the evil BMW cuddlers pretending to protect me from the post-PMS hunter in order to take advantage of my forum virginity... I know what you are up to! ;)

But I'll play along 'cuz it sounds like fun!!!!! LOOOOL
prossett
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Weekenduae Blog May 02, 2012
Lying Dutchwoman , :shock:

Robbie!! The scoundrel!! I heard he sweet talked others on DF with his sexting!
zonker
BANNED

From what I hear, so did Zonker :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I will download all of the KML files. Thanks for sharing.
podaxis
Dubai Forum Visitor

Welcome buddy - I'm glad you'll get to visit those beautiful places :)

I'd like to hear how your trip went, so feel free to visit again and leave your comments. Here's to many more adventures!

--- May 04, 2012 ---

Yay - seems like I can now post links 8)

http://weekenduae.com
prossett
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos