Dragon Mart...?

Topic locked
Dragon Mart...? Sep 26, 2006
Hi,

I am new in Dubai. I heard of this Dragon Mart here. Can someone tell me where is it located and is it worth going......

Sunray
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 26, 2006
Dragon Mart is behind International City Phase 1 out on the Emirates Road.
It consists of hundreds of small mostly chinese shops, depends on what you want to purchase, at least it is an interesting place to walk around for a couple of hours.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 26, 2006
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Oct 06, 2006
We went to the Dragon Mart when I was out in Dubai in July/August this year and I have to say there is nothing worth seeing there...most of the shops are full of cheap imported Chinese goods and I would say that the majority of the units are shut and are being used for storage (even though it says this is not allowed...)

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 07, 2006
rossbaku wrote:We went to the Dragon Mart when I was out in Dubai in July/August this year and I have to say there is nothing worth seeing there...most of the shops are full of cheap imported Chinese goods and I would say that the majority of the units are shut and are being used for storage (even though it says this is not allowed...)

Agreed... Was very, very disappointed when I went there myself last month.. FFS it only had one mobile shop, and it was closed..
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 07, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:Agreed... Was very, very disappointed when I went there myself last month.. FFS it only had one mobile shop, and it was closed..

I don't even recall why we went there...I think it was for curtains or some sort of soft furnishing for the house, but upon strolling endlessly through the mall we did come across some shops selling some real nice quads, trial bikes etc. :D

Ross
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 27, 2006
is it any good :?: :?:
uae79
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 27, 2006
uae79 wrote:is it any good :?: :?:

If you like Chinese products its fine
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shut up!! gertleman! Dec 10, 2006
We went to the Dragon Mart when I was out in Dubai in July/August this year and I have to say there is nothing worth seeing there...most of the shops are full of cheap imported Chinese goods and I would say that the majority of the units are shut and are being used for storage (even though it says this is not allowed...)

Ross

i am a chinese.i should say pls dont say:cheap Chinese goods.!!!
maybe you dont find the good for this cheap goods.ok,i suggest you go to the CITY CENTER,the supermall.that are for you .
but but ,if all the shops in dubai owned by the chinese closed,do you know what will happen?
do you know how many percertage the imported goods are from China?
no the Chinese goods,no convirnece life
zerobloom
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: shut up!! gertleman! Dec 15, 2006
zerobloom wrote:i am a chinese.i should say pls dont say:cheap Chinese goods.!!!
maybe you dont find the good for this cheap goods.ok,i suggest you go to the CITY CENTER,the supermall.that are for you .
but but ,if all the shops in dubai owned by the chinese closed,do you know what will happen?
do you know how many percertage the imported goods are from China?
no the Chinese goods,no convirnece life

Ok sorry it wasn't meant to be taken in a derogatory way, I just meant prices were cheaper than areas of Dubai.

rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Humble Reply Jan 07, 2007
To Zerobloom (may you always bloom)

Your reply to the chinese is very humble and commendable :) Its shows your respect for all races of humanity.

Even though what you said is true, but there lies within it an even bitter truth.

Those cheap chinese goods are not made by the chinese out of thier own will but they were made to demand, they are only suppliers and we are the ones who demand such goods.

While I sit and write this on an IBM laptop, which I consider it among the finest, I cannot deny it... it is MADE IN CHINA.

China is only a supplier, it supplies the best and the worst, you ask for it and they give it.
barbhai
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Humble Reply Mar 22, 2007
barbhai wrote:To Zerobloom (may you always bloom)

Your reply to the chinese is very humble and commendable :) Its shows your respect for all races of humanity.

Even though what you said is true, but there lies within it an even bitter truth.

Those cheap chinese goods are not made by the chinese out of thier own will but they were made to demand, they are only suppliers and we are the ones who demand such goods.

While I sit and write this on an IBM laptop, which I consider it among the finest, I cannot deny it... it is MADE IN CHINA.

China is only a supplier, it supplies the best and the worst, you ask for it and they give it.

your reply should be made to ross, not zerobloom :roll:

by the way, i'm chinese, and i don't think i will need to go to dubai to buy 'cheap chinese goods.' for tourists, dubai is more known for its luxury retail and accomidation... but i think there are some people actually living in or around dubai who will find these goods useful. it's sort of like the chinatowns in america - you don't go there for valentines day; you go there for something cheap, culturally unique, and change of pace in life :D

all that being said, i think the dragon mart looks cool in an aerial shot - it looks like a bloody dragon :cheers:
mountsac
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 26, 2007
Hey... I like cheap chinese junk!
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

May 08, 2007
As a chinese, I admit the products's quality there maybe not as good as someother places, but one thing is sure,what you paid there is much less than others.

Anyway, have fun there.
SILVIA
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 29, 2007
for anyone wishing to visit Dragonmart, make sure you bring the most comfy shoes you have.. my friend came in wearing high heels and i couldn't describe the look on her face at the end of the "tour"..
belzeboob2001
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 26, 2007
Almost everything is chinese these days.
Take care where you park and where you exit.
Its a long drive back if you miss the exit
Khabacha
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos