Working - Uk Female

Topic locked
Working - Uk female Oct 05, 2006
I have friend who is moving to Dubai after me later this year.

She is moving from the UK and is currently a recruitment consultant. When she moves she will be looking for a job and will require a Visa to be supplied. Her only requirement is that she would like to earn about 7 - 10K AED a month.

Her accomodation costs are covered as she has quite a bit of money behind her. So this is not an issue to her.

She wants to do a simple office admin or reception role. She does not have a degree as this wasn't needed in the UK for her job as a recruitment consultant.

My question is - would she struggle to find a simple office job without the degree qualification and will they supply a visa.

XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2006
My question is - would she struggle to find a simple office job without the degree qualification and will they supply a visa.

No to the 1st question and yes to the second one!

cheers! :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Working - Uk female Oct 05, 2006
XPClone wrote:I have friend who is moving to Dubai after me later this year.

She is moving from the UK and is currently a recruitment consultant. When she moves she will be looking for a job and will require a Visa to be supplied. Her only requirement is that she would like to earn about 7 - 10K AED a month.

Her accomodation costs are covered as she has quite a bit of money behind her. So this is not an issue to her.

She wants to do a simple office admin or reception role. She does not have a degree as this wasn't needed in the UK for her job as a recruitment consultant.

You have to be a little carefull as to which category your friend will be applying, this needs to be checked with the Labour Department, some categories require a degree. Also advise your friend to bring with her School leaving certificates with final exam marks, which are now required for most categories.
I believe she will be able to find a job and the visa issue should also no be a problem.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 05, 2006
Thanks guys - as always prompt and quick replies.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2006
XPClone wrote:Thanks guys - as always prompt and quick replies.

Your welcome
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 05, 2006
It's nearly impossible to earn 7-10 k monthly for a simple office job. Even a p/a to manager makes only around 10k. The simple office jobs are usually taken by people from Asian and pay around 4-5k. Some companies however want specifically a European receptionist and might pay more.
NoWoRrIeS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 05, 2006
I've seen them advertised.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2006
Hi Sage and Onion

I have tried searching but there is too much info conflicting.
Could you answer this for me:

If she comes over to look for a job can she do this on a toursit visa?
How long is the tourist visa valid for?
What's the difference between a tourist and a visit visa?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2006
Sorry - just seen the sticky.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2006
OK guess you got the answer.

All the best

S & O
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf