Where To Rent Quad Bike / ATV?

Topic locked
Where to rent quad bike / ATV? Apr 09, 2009
not the one at the red dunes, but the one we can carry ourselves somewhere (including the trailer to tow). we're going for a camping somewhere in the desert, and would like to have fun with it.

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
There's a whole bunch of shops near Abu Dhabi in Mussafah city, where you can rent auto and manual quad bikes with trailers. Prices are decent because all the shops are on the same road, but the only problem is that it's AD, not Dubai....
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 14, 2009
You know the regulations about driving unlicensed quad bikes (even if you're not the owner).

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traffic_ ... 26338.html

Dubai RTA issues strict new rules on quad bikes and jet skis

Staff Report
Published: July 05, 2008, 18:43

Dubai: The Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has introduced strict new rules to regulate the use of quad bikes and jet skis.

In a statement issued on Saturday, the RTA said that quad bikes and jet skis must now be registered with the RTA’s Licensing Agency.

Driving unlicensed quake bikes and jet skis is no longer allowed. It is also considered illegal to drive quad bikes and scooters in residential areas, internal roads and beaches.
etc....

+++

You'll be out in the desert I know, but best to be aware and make sure the company's license is up to scratch.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 14, 2009
Sorry I meant to give you the latest article
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traffic_ ... 03401.html

Driving unregistered quad bikes banned

By Ashfaq Ahmed, Chief Reporter
Published: April 12, 2009, 15:11

Dubai: The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has barred people from driving and renting unregistered quad bikes with immediate effect.

"All quad bikes in Dubai whether owned individually or by companies must be registered with the Licensing Agency of the RTA," said Ali Al Jasem, Director of the Licensing Department at the RTA. He said the new law has been introduced to regulate the sport of quad biking and ensure safety of users in line with the RTA's strategic plan of safe driving.

Al Jasem said those who fail to follow the new rule would get fines ranging from Dh200 to Dh1,000. The bikes will be impounded in case of repeated violations. The Licensing Agency will enforce the new law in coordination with Dubai Police.
etc....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2009
i see this is a new money making scheme from RTA.
next what? we should have a specific driving license for that?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
The company renting out needs a license. The RTA are only trying to ensure certain maintenance and safety standards, nothing wrong with that. Considering that most idiots drive these at high speed without even a helmet, at least the bikes can be safe.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 15, 2009
Speedhump wrote:The company renting out needs a license. The RTA are only trying to ensure certain maintenance and safety standards, nothing wrong with that. Considering that most idiots drive these at high speed without even a helmet, at least the bikes can be safe.

as far as i know (that's why i'm asking the above question), rental company like al badayer only allows the bike to be riden in their closed premises.

those idiots mostly own their own bikes, taking them on the road where it wasn't supposed to be.

there's no guarantee that if those bikes got licensed then they won't act stupidly and dangerously. take a look on cars for example.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
so the RTA shouldn't even try....I see...... :roll:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2009
Speedhump wrote:so the RTA shouldn't even try....I see...... :roll:

What I'm saying is that it is not the bike's problem but the rider's problem. So, put more restrictions, fines, etc to the rider. After all, it's doesn't need a license to put a rule banning the quadbike on the road. All quadbikes are not allowed to be riden on the road, period. Whether it's licensed or not, it doesn't matter.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 16, 2009
xty wrote:
Speedhump wrote:so the RTA shouldn't even try....I see...... :roll:

What I'm saying is that it is not the bike's problem but the rider's problem. So, put more restrictions, fines, etc to the rider. After all, it's doesn't need a license to put a rule banning the quadbike on the road. All quadbikes are not allowed to be riden on the road, period. Whether it's licensed or not, it doesn't matter.

No, look, along with the license come inspections and other regulation. If you want to ride 12 year old unmaintained bikes then good for you. A lot of people prefer to be safe (even crazy dudes that love quad bikes!) and a little regulation provides that.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 16, 2009
p.s., you got it wrong, the regulations are on the company not the rider. It's up to the rider to be sure the company is licensed, that's all.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2009
Hulahula wrote:There's a whole bunch of shops near Abu Dhabi in Mussafah city, where you can rent auto and manual quad bikes with trailers. Prices are decent because all the shops are on the same road, but the only problem is that it's AD, not Dubai....

Could anyone tell me where exactly these shops are?
I couldnt find it on google and Mussafah city is pretty big.
thx in advance
abudhabi321
Dubai Forum Guest

May 12, 2009
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF ... 27844&z=11

this is the link to my car club's map of Abu Dhabi and Mussafah, it has the markers for the rental shops
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

May 12, 2009
Hulahula wrote:http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=107501844996442329331.00046199799a8f18688d5&ll=24.372117,54.459229&spn=0.365265,0.727844&z=11

this is the link to my car club's map of Abu Dhabi and Mussafah, it has the markers for the rental shops

LOL @ infamous speed camera on SZR!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2009
@Hulahula: thx a lot for the map and hopefully i will have time to check the place out soon. Theres also a bunch of other interesting markers that are good to know about, too. looks like a very useful map, thank you
abudhabi321
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum