Vehicle GPS Unit

Topic locked
Vehicle GPS Unit Apr 19, 2008
Do car GPS units exist in Dubai? I think they do. Anybody has any experience/recommendation on which one and where to get one? How well do they work? Thanks

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 19, 2008
Hi

I would also be very interested in this if someone has any information, specially since I heard there are no real addresses in Dubai....

Thanks, and sorry to butt in on your thread, I am just very curious about this as well,

Ben
bence8810
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 20, 2008
I've used them all, in most brands of cars. I imagine the portable ones work the same. The roads are usually outdated by a couple of years, but who can blame them. Typing in Emirates Road won't work, so one can only use built-in Points Of Interest such as hotels and malls, to point to a place, or just point it out on the map if you recognise the area, and it will figure out a route to go there. Some don't even have Emirates Palace listed.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 25, 2008
gtmash wrote:I've used them all, in most brands of cars. I imagine the portable ones work the same. The roads are usually outdated by a couple of years, but who can blame them. Typing in Emirates Road won't work, so one can only use built-in Points Of Interest such as hotels and malls, to point to a place, or just point it out on the map if you recognise the area, and it will figure out a route to go there. Some don't even have Emirates Palace listed.

Well it depends on which company's data are you using. Some companies have updated files. contact this company http://www.orion-me.com.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum