SHOULD WE MOVE TO DUBAI

Topic locked
SHOULD WE MOVE TO DUBAI Dec 03, 2005
I am a 36yr old Carpenter and my partner is 31yr old a stone letter cutter. We are currently living and working in Cambridge U.K. However recently we have become rather restless and would like to know what demand there are for our skills in Dubai. Any help appreciated
many thanx nick

nick
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Dec 03, 2005
Nick,

To be honest, unless you get a supervisory role, forget it. All labour i.e. brickies, carpenters, scaffolders etc are sub-continent and on a hell of a low wage and living in rough conditions e.g: £150 per month and living 4 or 6 per room!

Cost of living in Dubai has risen and continues to. Average price of renting a flat these days runs at around £10-12K per year (1 bed)
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Re: SHOULD WE MOVE TO DUBAI Dec 07, 2005
nick wrote:I am a 36yr old Carpenter and my partner is 31yr old a stone letter cutter. We are currently living and working in Cambridge U.K. However recently we have become rather restless and would like to know what demand there are for our skills in Dubai. Any help appreciated
many thanx nick

Also being openly gay in Dubai is not the best of ideas...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 07, 2005
Liban,

That's one heck of an assumption! Did he say anywhere his partner was male? Are you assuming because you think women could not do this job? I know several who'd prove you wrong.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 07, 2005
Maybe its Jesus looking for a job in Dubai !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 08, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Liban,

That's one heck of an assumption! Did he say anywhere his partner was male? Are you assuming because you think women could not do this job? I know several who'd prove you wrong.

No offence to Nick or urself chocco, but Liban wrote exactly what I was thinking.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum