Residence Visa And Medical Test

Topic locked
Residence visa and Medical Test Sep 11, 2007
how long does it normally take after the medical test to get the residency visa stamped on the passport? 1-2 days or more?

got a relative who's visit visa is expiring the same day as the date of medical test. should he extend his visit visa?

cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 12, 2007
anyone got any idea about this????
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 12, 2007
i think it depends but usually about 4 days. not sure about your relative.
Xander
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 12, 2007
i got everthing done in one working day
One Sunday morning medical test and Monday 1100 i got my pp back
walk in the park
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 13, 2007
cool, thanks. thats all i wanted to know.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Residence visa Queries Sep 13, 2007
hello people,

I am very new to the forum and have a few questions as I am planning to relocate to DXB in the near future.

I live in the UK have been recently offered a job in DXB.
I am wondering if it would be possible for me to come to Dubai for 2 weeks on my employment visa

1) Do the medical tests for myself and my family (my wife and two boys aged 14 and 10)
2) apply and get residence stamped on my passort first
3) and then immediately get residence stamped on my wife's and boys' passports.

Is all this possible within the 2 weeks (or would it be possible if I extend my stay to 3 weeks)? or am I expecting too much ?

I asking this because, I want to go back to the UK after finishing the above and wind up properly while my wife can stay back get my boys' school admissions as the school term has already started.

Any help / information or pointing out potential flaws with this plan would be much appreciated.

Thanks
DarkRedemption
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 15, 2007
what would the point be of bringing your wife and kids out for the two weeks?

surely it would make sense to come out, get your medical and residency issues out of the way. once they have finalised things in the uk, bring them out on visit visa's and then apply for residency (under your sponsorship).

Your medical and residency has to be done first in anycase as you will be your family's sponsor (not your company).

They could possibly come out on a visit visa for a month with you, if your intention is to show them around. as a british subject you'd get a 30 day visa stamped into your passport on entry in anycase.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 16, 2007
dbxsoul wrote:what would the point be of bringing your wife and kids out for the two weeks?

surely it would make sense to come out, get your medical and residency issues out of the way. once they have finalised things in the uk, bring them out on visit visa's and then apply for residency (under your sponsorship).

Your medical and residency has to be done first in anycase as you will be your family's sponsor (not your company).

They could possibly come out on a visit visa for a month with you, if your intention is to show them around. as a british subject you'd get a 30 day visa stamped into your passport on entry in anycase.

Actually it is 60 days
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2007
i stand corrected :D
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 17, 2007
Thank you guys for your replies.

I am only trying to see how fast I could get the residence visas done for me and my family as school admissions for my boys in DXB seem to be getting tougher as the term days go by (they won;t reserve seats till Jan2008 - which is fair, I suppose).

All schools seem to accept registartion only with the valid residence visas. Hence thought I could bring them along and start the process of applying for their residence immediately after getting my residence visa.

Also when I apply for residence for my family, would my passport be required to be lodged with the authorities or would my passport copy be enough ?

If copy would do, I thought in tn the meanwhile I can go back to the UK to wind up properly while my wife and boys can stay at DUbai to receive their residence and continue with the school admision process.

Hence my original question about the time frame.

From your replies, It looks like the above may not be possible(to get my residence and for my family as well) within the 2/3 weks time... Is that right ?

Thanks.
DarkRedemption
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 17, 2007
Short answer, it's possible, but only just. Depending on the time of year when you were planning on doing it - holidays/ weekends etc. I’d say 4 to 5 weeks is more likely.

Your passport is only lodged with the immigration department for a day or two (along with those of your family) while the visa’s are processed.

The process normally runs along the lines of:

1. Application for Labour (probably done already)
2. Application for Residency
3. Medical - you
4. Labour approval/ Residency issued
5. Application for Residency of family
6. Medical - family
7. Residency issued to family
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 17, 2007
Basically it's possible to bring family along with you in the first place. It happened to me & my family (we're not citizens of special countries who can get visa on arrival).

I came with employment visa from my employer, while my family came with visit visa sponsored by "third party service company" (not by me nor my employer). It was arranged by my employer though.

Fortunately my company is professional enough for not to postpone the process. It took 2-3 days for my medical and residence visa stamp (urgent).
Then after having medical test for family (one day), we went to immigration for converting (3rd party sponsored visit visa to my sponsored visit visa) and applying (visit visa to residence visa) my family residence visa. It needed extra fee (couple of thousands?) for converting and "in country" application. You as sponsor have to apply yourself at immigration office (with company's PRO if you don't know the procedures). It took one day to finish (urgent). So in total, it all finished in just one week time, and you have to be there.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
Guys,

That is vey precisely answered. Thank you both for your replies and that has indeed given me more confidence and that I should go ahead and do as planned.

I beleive it is Ramadan now and may be if I come after EID holidays, it should be all right I suppose.

Ramadan and EID greetings to you.
DarkRedemption
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 18, 2007
DarkRedemption wrote:That is vey precisely answered. Thank you both for your replies and that has indeed given me more confidence and that I should go ahead and do as planned.

Just ensure that your employer will do it fast, because many companies tend to postpone all the processes. In case you have fixed planned flights, you wouldn't miss it.
Else and safer, you go after everything finished.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum