Recommended Bars

Topic locked
recommended bars Oct 17, 2006
hi , arriving for 4 days next week with my wife to do a bit of a reckie of dubai prior to our arrival in Jan. Staying at the Crowne Plaza .Can anyone recommend any bars which might be worth sampling a beer or two nearby on Wed/Thurs night??? more importantly will any one be in them to perhaps have a chat with about moving / living in dubai ???
:?

rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 18, 2006
Longs Bar at the Rotana Towers isn't too bad.

Trader Vics at Crowne Plaze is nice for a drink and some food.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 18, 2006
The Zinc in Crown Plaza is good too.. :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 18, 2006
zam wrote:The Zinc in Crown Plaza is good too.. :wink:

No more Zinc - it's Fresh now.

Doubledecker in Al Murooj
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
many thanks for your recommendations. i know the restrictions on alcohol but want to enjoy a beer whilst sitting outside (coming from a very damp UK) taking in a view or two. anywhere where this is possible? do the bars/ restaurants around the madinat jerumiah (??) offer this?
rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 22, 2006
rammie wrote:many thanks for your recommendations. i know the restrictions on alcohol but want to enjoy a beer whilst sitting outside (coming from a very damp UK) taking in a view or two. anywhere where this is possible? do the bars/ restaurants around the madinat jerumiah (??) offer this?

Yes, the main hotel bar lets you sit and watch the sunset and so fo a few others.

You might also like the Irish Village if you like Irish pubs but don't value service. :-)
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 28, 2006
many thanks for all the advice. Had a great trip and loved the traders vic and longs bar!
Contract is signed and handed over so no going back now. Feels quite daunting starting all over again with just the 2 of us . i hope to meet with some of you expats soon!
rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 28, 2006
Welcome to Dubai Rammie! I've been in Dubai for 2 years and visited Uptown for the first time yesterday. I loved it! They play the most wonderful jazz music, have divine champagne cocktails and a gorgeous view! Outside seating too. Do give it a try.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum