Question About Selling.

Topic locked
question about selling. Feb 03, 2009
times are tough for my family today. My sissy needs a kidney transplant so i'm doing what i can do to earn funds for that operation. A friend offer me that he has a contact that that sells appliances and computers in a much lower price (factory price) and he said i can sell that and i can get my commission. If i post here about that products, its that legal or illegal here in uae? is that ok?

septbaby031
Dubai Forum User

Re: question about selling. Feb 03, 2009
septbaby031 wrote:times are tough for my family today. My sissy needs a kidney transplant so i'm doing what i can do to earn funds for that operation. A friend offer me that he has a contact that that sells appliances and computers in a much lower price (factory price) and he said i can sell that and i can get my commission. If i post here about that products, its that legal or illegal here in uae? is that ok?

go to Souq.com

you can sell anything their...
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 03, 2009
Be informed that part time jobs as such are not allowed, especially if you're on a company's visa. But what the heck - its not as though people enjoy spending 12 hours at work during they day and then spend another few hours in the evening working. Its obviously out of desperation and need. Dont know what tickles the authorities so much that they disallow people with low incomes from doing additional work.

Personally dont see a problem selling such stuff, especially if you're doing it from home - but then again just be on your guard. All ze best!
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Re: question about selling. Feb 03, 2009
septbaby031 wrote:times are tough for my family today. My sissy needs a kidney transplant so i'm doing what i can do to earn funds for that operation. A friend offer me that he has a contact that that sells appliances and computers in a much lower price (factory price) and he said i can sell that and i can get my commission. If i post here about that products, its that legal or illegal here in uae? is that ok?

should not be illegal.. im looking to buy a laptop for myself..i could buy it from you to help u out mate! just let me know the price and stuff once u know..
Sandy101
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 03, 2009
I'd prolly take one or two good spec laptops off you too (but please, NO VISTA, LOL). Good luck, and prayers for your sis.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 03, 2009
Contact 7 days newspaper and get them to run a story. They did that for a teenage girl I know last year and recently for a nanny. There are loads of people who will give donations for a good cause.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum