Re: Passport Not Returned Even After Given The Court Order
Sep 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your response. Luckily my new employer still awaits me. And they are a lot better.
The police once again tried to get my passport, at the end my employer told that they lost it and instead filed for my new passport in the Ministry of Interior. This act of my employer delayed my cancellation of visa. Because without the passport I cannot be able to cancel my visa and transfer to another employer.
Let me tell the whole story as what bad companies are doing. (They are doing these to all the employees that tried to leave them)
1. They will ignore your resignation.
Solution: Try to send it by E-mail or by Fax so that you will have a written proof.
2. They will try to get a signature from you that you have received all your salary and benefits in arabic.
Solution: Be smart, take a copy dont sign, try to record the conversation.
3. They will counter file you as absconding of work in the MOL.
Solution: Keep a record of your attendace for the whole 30 day duration or keep a copy of files that proves that you have worked the whole 30 days.
4. MOL representative will try to convince the both parties to make ammends and/or settlements. My empoyer promised that they will pay but they never came to said date of payment, and you will end up waiting and waiting.
Solution: Remind the MOL reprentative that its only up to 14 days, if it is not settled then the case should go through.
5. Your employer will try to make you suffer by delaying everything.
Solution: You have to have enough money to support you through the case and most of all be STRONG Mentally.
We never did anything wrong with this employer. Just we wanted to leave, and this is what they gave us. It was not only me.
If my comments are not ok, I am always willing for a rich conversation.
I hope I can also help others.