One Way Ticket?

Topic locked
one way ticket? Sep 10, 2006
I am coming to UAE this month from Canada, I am already living in a hotel with no even car. My husband is gonna sponsor me, he is gonna start the residence process next week. Can I travel with an one-way ticket or do i need return ticket?.
It is about 600 dollars cheaper to buy just one-way....
thanks

indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2006
I've heard that if you come on a visit visa, you need a return ticket. Not sure about other visas
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: one way ticket? Sep 11, 2006
indi wrote:I am coming to UAE this month from Canada, I am already living in a hotel with no even car. My husband is gonna sponsor me, he is gonna start the residence process next week. Can I travel with an one-way ticket or do i need return ticket?.
It is about 600 dollars cheaper to buy just one-way....
thanks

that leaves you with an odd car... hmmmm :)

well u need to hav a return tix or they wont let you board the plane IF you are on a visit/transit visa otherwise its all ok.

get a refund once you have the residence visa. they should deduct hundred bucks or so.
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 11, 2006
Indi that depends upon your point of origin. For 3rd world countries I believe they are more strict and they ask for return ticket. Check with the airlines/immigration department,they should know better. :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 11, 2006
the surest and safest way is to get a two-way ticket and just get a refund afterwards.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2006
its easy n simple

u can take a one way ticket if u have resident visa

return if u r on transit or visit.

this law is same of all the countries.
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum