New Job Offer

Topic locked
New Job Offer Sep 23, 2008
Hi All,

I am moving to Dubai early October from India. I have an offer from a company as a Order Processing and Logistics Manager. They are paying me 6500 AED + 1BHK accomodation + 1 Car with maintenece ( after I get my License) and Bonus. Is this a Good Offer?

Best Regards

MiCkY
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 03, 2008
No offense meant, considering you are from india, the offered salary could be 3x from your previous. This is how they offer salary, based on your current salary. However, if you could present that your salary is already at the level of 15K, then you may ask for 30k. This is how things work here, not an equal opportunity employment thing, like the USA.

You are still lucky you have free accomodation and a service car.
BritishGirl
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 04, 2008
Well, I can't exactly say I agree with the posting above about simply doubling your request. I do agree that there is discrimination with regards to salaries that are paid to "westerners" as opposed to those that are paid to "easterners" (for want of a better term).

Simply doubling what you ask for may be enough to loose you the job; as there are plenty of people waiting in line to work for half the price, as for more by all means, but be reasonable.

There’s quite an apt saying “The straw that broke the camels back”.

A lot of companies in Dubai work on the Quantity vs. Quality principal and will rather throw 5 average employees (costing 2,000 AED per month) at a task rather than employing a very good highly qualified 1 for 10,000 AED per month!

Another thing you will definitely have to look at is the issue of your licence, if you have an Indian driver’s licence you cannot simply convert it to a UAE/ Dubai drivers licence (irrespective of how good a driver you think you are); you have to retake the driving test which includes a number of mandatory lessons. The lessons are not cheap and the whole process from your first driving lesson to when you actually get your licence can take as long as a year. I know someone who had to take the drivers test 8 times before passing. You also cannot expect your employer to pay for your driving lessons. So what seems to be a benefit to you now can actually have serious financial implications; in the interim you’ll be forced to use public transport or taxis to get around!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Dec 04, 2008
1BHK accomodation

what does this equate to in AED?
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum