Job Offer

Topic locked
job offer Aug 10, 2008
Hi all,I'm new to this site but need some advise,recently been offered a job in dubai,i'm currently living in the uk.what sort of packages should i be looking for? accomodation?healthcare?transport?
any help or advise would be great.
Neil. :D

Mcleod
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 11, 2008
you've provided no basis on which any advice might be provided

you'd be well served by simply searching the forum
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2008
Neil, It would help if you told us which field of work, for which company, area of work, whether you have family to bring etc etc as it can vary wildly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

expat packages Aug 12, 2008
Neil, the above replies to your post are correct. They need more information to assist you. I have been researching myself. What i have been offered is

Salary
Bonus for Special Skills
21 days pay bonus each year
5% raise each year
1 free round trip ticket home each year
free mobilization flight ( to get there)
free repat flight ( end of contract to get home)
Free medical
Free apartment and transportation to/from work. This apartment is shared with another staff member ( hospital) and I believe the apartment is on the hospital campus. If i choose not to take the apartment, I am given a 2600 dhm housing allowance ( low)
31 days annual leave
12 paid holidays annually

I have been told this is a decent starting package. The higher demand for your job/experience, the bigger the package i'm sure. My husband got pretty much the same package offer exept he gets 5600 a month housing allowance if he doesn't take the apartment offered to him and 5 flights home each year.

I haven't taken the position yet as I am interviewing with another company tomorrow evening and I will see what they have to offer. Good luck :)
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum