Need Help With Visa

Topic locked
need help with visa Sep 28, 2006
I AM MOVING TO DUABI IN A WEEK, MY COMPANY HAS ARRANGED FOR MY VISA BUT NOT MY WIFE'S. I AM A CANADIAN CITIZEN, BUT MY WIFE IS A PAKISTANI. THEY TELL ME I CAN SPONSOR HER ONCE I REACH DUBAI. I ALREADY HAVE MY EMPLOYMENT VISA, CAN I SPONSOR HER FROM HERE? IT IS JUST THAT I WANT HER TO BE THERE WHEN I CHOOSE THE APARTMENT. PLEASE HELP AND ADVICE AS TO WHAT SOLUTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO ME

CANADIANLEAFNATION
Dubai Forums Member

Re: need help with visa Sep 28, 2006
CANADIANLEAFNATION wrote:I AM MOVING TO DUABI IN A WEEK, MY COMPANY HAS ARRANGED FOR MY VISA BUT NOT MY WIFE'S. I AM A CANADIAN CITIZEN, BUT MY WIFE IS A PAKISTANI. THEY TELL ME I CAN SPONSOR HER ONCE I REACH DUBAI. I ALREADY HAVE MY EMPLOYMENT VISA, CAN I SPONSOR HER FROM HERE? IT IS JUST THAT I WANT HER TO BE THERE WHEN I CHOOSE THE APARTMENT. PLEASE HELP AND ADVICE AS TO WHAT SOLUTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO ME

You cannot sponsor your family until your own residence permit has been completed, this will be up to your Company as and when they decide to do it.

The other way you could do it is to get a toursit organisation or hotel to give her a visit visa, this will however involve some cost and possibly a security deposit.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 28, 2006
Hmmm, can she come first on a tourist visa? Then she can help you choose the apartment and such. During that time you can put the paperwork in for her residency permit, but you have to have your residency permit first - otherwise it isn't possible for you to sponsor her yet.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum