Need Help Regarding Lenghty Visa Application

Topic locked
Need help regarding lenghty visa application Nov 04, 2008
Good day! I am a Filipino still living in the Philippines, I was accepted as an autocad draftsman by a construction firm in UAE through a recruitment agency in the Philippines. I have completed the necessary requirements and documents for a working visa application for UAE. Since Dubai is also in UAE I figured this forum could help me a lot. Btw, I gave my documents to the agency last August 20. And according to the agency, my visa hasn't arrived yet. They also told me that 3 of my batchmates' visa has already arrived. Is it possible that their visa were approved earlier than me while all applications are submitted at the same time? Why does it take so long for my visa to be approved is it "normal" to be this long? I don't have work as of now, and it really bothers me. I don't know if there are other posts like mine, so forgive me for "double posting" I don't have the time to browse all the previous posts. Your answers are very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

exoduslo12d
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 06, 2008
Question one:

Did you pay the agent for the recruitment?

Question 2:

Did they ask for your attested qualifications?

They also told me that 3 of my batchmates' visa has already arrived. Is it possible that their visa were approved earlier than me while all applications are submitted at the same time? Why does it take so long for my visa to be approved is it "normal" to be this long?

Did they (“3 of my batchmates'”) apply for positions with the same company as which offered you the job? Normally the type of visa you would be applying for is not processed in batches. Batch processing is normally a process that is followed for large groups of unskilled labour not qualified positions such as CAD operators!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 06, 2008
Thank you for the reply dbxsoul,

i really need some answers! Yes, i payed the agency some fees (processing fee) and that is just what they have asked me to pay. They have told me that they will not be able to proccess my visa application unless i pay the said ammount. The agency said there is nothing else i need to pay. I have passed my medical check up, and gave them all the necessary documents which they have told me to submit. (BTW, all my documents are authenticated and original copies!) ANd they have also told me that we (the 5 of us that passed the employer's interview need not to pay any PLACEMENT FEE because the employer will shoulder that.

And yes, three of my batchmates are now already working there, we have the same company and employer and the same positions (CAD OP)too! Please, help me, i need answers, it's been so long now, the agency kept telling me that i must wait, but for how long? Will i still expect that y visa will arrive? Until when must i wait? It was August when i had all my documents sent by DHL by the agency, until now, im still waiting, jobless that is!
exoduslo12d
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 06, 2008
exoduslo12d wrote:Thank you for the reply dbxsoul,

i really need some answers! Yes, i payed the agency some fees (processing fee) and that is just what they have asked me to pay. They have told me that they will not be able to proccess my visa application unless i pay the said ammount.

Firstly, this is rubbish and illegal. Employees are not required to pay any fees at all! The visa processing fee is paid by the employer in anycase.

The agency said there is nothing else i need to pay. I have passed my medical check up, and gave them all the necessary documents which they have told me to submit.

Secondly, you will have to re-do the medical. Out of country medicals are not accepted by the Dept. of Labour.

(BTW, all my documents are authenticated and original copies!) ANd they have also told me that we (the 5 of us that passed the employer's interview need not to pay any PLACEMENT FEE because the employer will shoulder that.

Agreed, but you should not have to pay any "visa processing fees" either

And yes, three of my batchmates are now already working there, we have the same company and employer and the same positions (CAD OP)too!

Is it not possible to contact one of them and ask them to ask the company PRO what is happening with your application?

Please, help me, i need answers, it's been so long now, the agency kept telling me that i must wait, but for how long? Will i still expect that y visa will arrive? Until when must i wait? It was August when i had all my documents sent by DHL by the agency, until now, im still waiting, jobless that is!

Is the agent in Dubai??? Ask them for written confirmation that they have recieved your documents.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 07, 2008
Sadly, i only know my batchmates personally! I mean, yes, we've met when the principal did an interview, but that was it! I even don't know how to contact them. The agency informed me that they've (3 of them) left the country last 20th of October.

The agency/agent is here in my home country (Philippines). Will it be OK if i push them to give me the e-mail address of the employer? Im planning to send the employer an e-mail regarding my application status.
I really want to know if there is really something i must lok forward to (approval of my visa and working on the said company finally!). Must i send an e-mail to the employer myself or ask the agency to "ask the employer" for a comfirmation letter on my behalf, so that i'll just know if they really were able to recieve my documents needed for my visa application?

What makes me feel bad is, as i knew, (the agency told me then) that all of us have submitted our documents and they sent it to the employer at the same time, how come two of us are still here? Must i also ask the agency to provide me with the contact number of one of my batchmates who is still here and atill waiting for his visa too?

There are plenty of QUESTIONS on my mind now, specially, i already have resigned from the company i was working here for five years as a design engineer. I don't have a job at the moment because im waiting for my visa and im really looking forward to working there because i did passed all the requirements asked of me. And i can't apply for a job just yet, until i know for sure if there's still hope for me working there or not.
The sad thing is i have a family to feed and some other financial obligations.

Your answer is really a big help dbxsoul, i really do not know what to do and expect anymore.
exoduslo12d
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 07, 2008
exoduslo12d wrote:Sadly, i only know my batchmates personally! I mean, yes, we've met when the principal did an interview, but that was it! I even don't know how to contact them. The agency informed me that they've (3 of them) left the country last 20th of October.

The agency/agent is here in my home country (Philippines). Will it be OK if i push them to give me the e-mail address of the employer? Im planning to send the employer an e-mail regarding my application status.
I really want to know if there is really something i must lok forward to (approval of my visa and working on the said company finally!).

Get the agency to send the email, that's what you paid them to do! Ask them for copies of the reply so that you can see for yourself. You may find that the company originally wanted to employ all 5 people, but can not afford to employ more at this time, else they don't have enough vacant slots on their labour card for additional staff.

If you approach the employer directly, you run the risk of upsetting them and loosing any chance of the job.

Must i send an e-mail to the employer myself or ask the agency to "ask the employer" for a comfirmation letter on my behalf, so that i'll just know if they really were able to recieve my documents needed for my visa application?

Tell the agency you want your money refunded as they have not provided you with the visa which you paid for - fraud - unless they can prove otherwise

What makes me feel bad is, as i knew, (the agency told me then) that all of us have submitted our documents and they sent it to the employer at the same time, how come two of us are still here? Must i also ask the agency to provide me with the contact number of one of my batchmates who is still here and atill waiting for his visa too?

There are plenty of QUESTIONS on my mind now, specially, i already have resigned from the company i was working here for five years as a design engineer. I don't have a job at the moment because im waiting for my visa and im really looking forward to working there because i did passed all the requirements asked of me. And i can't apply for a job just yet, until i know for sure if there's still hope for me working there or not.
The sad thing is i have a family to feed and some other financial obligations.

Your answer is really a big help dbxsoul, i really do not know what to do and expect anymore.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 08, 2008
Get the agency to send the email, that's what you paid them to do! Ask them for copies of the reply so that you can see for yourself.

---I just wonder how they would react (the agency) if I tell them to give me copies of the replies from the employer. They might think that im actually thinking they are FRAUD. Would it be a reason (if i do ask them that) for them to HOLD my employment or a reason for them to cancel my application with the employer?

You may find that the company originally wanted to employ all 5 people, but can not afford to employ more at this time, else they don't have enough vacant slots on their labour card for additional staff.

--- If that is the case, does it mean i must not wait anymore? That there is really no hope for me to leave my country and work on the said company this year? How about those ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS i have sent the employer already? Won't it be posible that they will send it back in any case? My passports, medical exam results, and authenticated copies of my diplomas and transcripts of records were already sent to the employer last September.

If you approach the employer directly, you run the risk of upsetting them and loosing any chance of the job.

--- Now that is not fair, don't you think so?

Tell the agency you want your money refunded as they have not provided you with the visa which you paid for - fraud - unless they can prove otherwise.

--- If i will do that, will it mean that i also cancel my application for work in ACC too?
exoduslo12d
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 13, 2008
dbxsoul,

thank you for replying to my post! I have a good news for you though.
Employer told me that my visa is already on process, and it is already submited to "labour".

They want me to attend the pre-departure seminar on monday, they have told me that my visa will be sent and recieved by the agency this saturday!

You have been a big help mate! Thank you and may there be many more people that you can share your knowledge with! God Bless!
exoduslo12d
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum