No More Temporary Drivers Licence

Topic locked
No More Temporary Drivers Licence Aug 25, 2011
Here is what I found out in DP GHQ today.

Dubai police has stopped issuing temporary driving license. They told me I can drive on Canadian license even if I am on Tourist visa, this is the latest rule, so dont bother making all those documents and spend money, I did all that only to find the good news, after I was minus 300 Dirhams.

facman
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: No More Temporary Drivers Licence Mar 03, 2012
Facman,

I just got here on a Business visit visa, have a valid Ontario licence & International Driving Permit issued by the CAA.

Would you or someone else in in this forum know whether one can drive a non-rental car on the information I have provided?

Is a link to the Dubai Traffic Dept. available where accurate info on this grey subject can be confirmed?

Lookin forward to all the assistance on this.

:cheers: Chill & have a NoSweat day. :iroc:
NoSweat
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: No More Temporary Drivers Licence Mar 14, 2012
No, you cannot drive a company car or that of a resident on a visit visa as you're not covered by insurance. Now, many insurance companies will tell you it's ok, but if you have an accident, you'll get into trouble.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: No More Temporary Drivers Licence Mar 15, 2012
Chocoholic ,

You are absolutely right. I did talk with an Insurance company and they confirmed that visitors driving in the UAE are not covered when driving private/company cars - visitors can only drive a rental.

:cheers: Chill & have a NoSweat day. :iroc:
NoSweat
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum