Laisk Surgery 4 Eyes In Dubai

Topic locked
Laisk surgery 4 eyes in Dubai Aug 13, 2007
Hi

I'm thinking of doing laisk surgery for my eyes. Some people advised me to go to Iran or India for better & cheap surgery. I'm still not sure about traveling as I can't leave my job. Please advise me of some doctors here in Dubai or in India & Iran. Maybe I'll think about traveling later. Thanks

Hal2006
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 13, 2007
Actually when I was thinking of doing this, most everyone I talked to recommended going to Jordan, cheaper and more qualified doctors.

I know one person who did it here, she was very happy with the results and it ran her about 15k. She went to the International Medical Centre in Dubai. ( don’t know details though, i.e. if she went for flap and zap or IOL implant.) i think there is also a thread already on Lasik, you may wish to search.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 13, 2007
You will be blind for a month if you go with the "better" type (whichever that may be). And you cannot drive for the next two months. Either way, you have to leave your job to do it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 13, 2007
there is a clinic called "laser eyes", i think its in mazaya center and i heard its really good, my boss had the surgery there and came back to work 2 days later..
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 13, 2007
actually the girl beside me was fine in a day back to work in 3, I've never heard of you being out for a 2 month stint. I do know you get halos at first and so night vision is impared for the first bit.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 13, 2007
yeah, my boss wore sunglasses for a while, i thought he wanted to look cool 8)
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 13, 2007
Ok, I am up to date on this topic...

Atlanta Vison on Jum Beach Rd (opposite Jum Beach Hotel) mate had it done there last week 10k for both eyes. Procedure took 30mins then I drove him home.

He was able to drive and go back to work THE NEXT DAY. Check ups are one day after surgery, one week after surgery, one month and six months.

This is a recognized clinic ( I know two others who had the procedure there) and have had no problems.

Only alternative here is Moorfields, but and they quoted 18-20k

PM if you have any questions
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 13, 2007
Does it really heal that quickly? My buddy, of course being of the low budget variety, did it in India. He says the doctor offered him two options, the "better" one taking that long to heal. Does it depend on how far gone your eyes are in the first place?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 13, 2007
gtmash wrote:Does it really heal that quickly? My buddy, of course being of the low budget variety, did it in India. He says the doctor offered him two options, the "better" one taking that long to heal. Does it depend on how far gone your eyes are in the first place?

Well my mate had really bad vison for many years, wasn't able to wear contacts so only wore glasses.

He hasn't worn glasses since the procedure. He puts drops in several times a day and wears sunglasses outside, apart form that is leading a normal life.

Can drive, fly etc, just no swimming or extreme sports for a couple of weeks. As I said, he had the procedure last week and has been living a normal life since the next day.
The Major
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum