Housing Fees Not Charged

Topic locked
Housing fees not charged Mar 02, 2009
Hi All,

I am new to this forum so apologies if this issue has been covered before (I did a search but could not find anything).

I am in my 11th month of my apartment lease and my housing fees have still not hit my DEWA bill.

So the question is - has anyone had a similar experience of housing fees not being charged?

If I now get a final bill from DEWA - will I get hit with all the back charges?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

J

Desert Kiwi
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Mar 02, 2009
It's a bit of a weird one, some people seem to get charged others not. I've never had them added to the bill and I'm not about to running to tell them either! Who wants to pay an extra 12,000 Dhs a year in housing fees!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 06, 2009
depends how your DEWA application was processed. there is a check box on the application form saying something like "Housing fees Yes/ No" if you check it you could end up paying it on your bill each month. Also depends who responsibility it was according to the contract, in most cases the landlord will insist that the tennant pay. DEWA may well discover thier oversight and lump you with a hefty account at the end of the year :) or .. perhaps they won't notice at all
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Mar 11, 2009
There was a report (maybe in Xpress?) in recent months that the Dubai Municipality would be making more effort to chase after housing fees but the DM official that the reporter spoke to said that they wouldn't be backdated.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum