Hospitals

Topic locked
Hospitals Nov 04, 2007
Hi
Only lived here a few weeks i go regulary to the american hospitral to see doctors etc but i have a 7 yr old and incase there was an accident where is our nearest accident and emergancy to the springs as american hospital is a bit far incase of an accident?

many thanks

emmas
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 04, 2007
depends where you stay :wink:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Nov 05, 2007
Rashid Hospital is government run and emergency treatment is free for health card holders (i.e if you are a resident and you pay 300 aed for the card).

THis hospital is brand new, the treatment is fantastic and I would say it is far far better than any NHS hospital in the UK.

If you have a serious emergency, this is where you will end up and like me I expect you will be very impressed. A lot of people on here will say that you need private health care etc, I had that with my first job here and didn't even ask for it when I moved positions as I am totally confident that Rashid is as good, if not better than the private hospitals and only costs 300AED per year for healthcard.
john smith
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 05, 2007
Rashid Hospital in Garhoud is the closest governmental hospital to the springs which is quite far and your concern is in its place.

The closest private hospital is Jebel Ali Hospital : http://www.jebelalihospital.com

Hopefully you will never need them.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 05, 2007
Jebel Ali Hospital should be your nearest.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Hospitals Nov 06, 2007
emmas wrote:Hi
Only lived here a few weeks i go regulary to the american hospitral to see doctors etc but i have a 7 yr old and incase there was an accident where is our nearest accident and emergancy to the springs as american hospital is a bit far incase of an accident?

many thanks

My doctor here in Dubai, whom I trust (and she's been here 6 years) said that the best place to go for serious injuries and trauma is Rashid Hospital as they are the best equipped to handled those matters. In fact, that is where they take the accident victims (heliporte in, ambulance, etc.). So they have all the experience and facilities.

In other circumstances (time permitting) the simple rule is go to the nearest hospital and depending on the condition they will then tranport you to Rashid or wherever...

My doctor also said that there is an excellent hospital in Sharjah, I forget the name of it. She said it is excellent but a bit far and, if i remember correctly, will be moving to Jebel Ali (butis not the Jebel Ali Hospital)...

Good luck.

*note to self: find name of that sharjah hospital*
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum