Help From Canadian/USA Expats

Topic locked
Help from Canadian/USA Expats Aug 14, 2012
I am a software engineer living in Ontario, Canada. Considering moving to Dubai and wondering whether its worthwhile.

1) How can I go about find a good paying senior job or an expatriate job (I am on Indian ethnicity)

2) If one makes says 100K to 130K CAD, what kind of salary in Dubai will get a similar life style?

3) Are the Canadian expatriates liking it there, or want to move back to Canada?

jambo75
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Help From Canadian/USA Expats Sep 16, 2012
hey bud, i'm thinking of moving there in the next couple of months too from Toronto ... from what i've seen in the job market there - it's pretty hard to compete for the same pay range as IT labor is available and plentiful - so consider a pay cut ... but then you'll automatically save on the 30% you shell out here in Ontario. you WILL have to change your status to non resident though - which means giving up everything in Canada.

Google Internet City and Media City for expat companies - and then apply directly ... you'll be amazed at the list of companies based there. you want to aim for a job offer before you move there - avail of the relo pkgs - shipping a container to dubai will cost you your RRSP!

you'll burn in the summer - but then escaping Toronto's wind chill will make it all worthwile. And youre of indian origin - you'll fit in well w/ the middle/upper class there - and have fun in the process ...

cheers

TM
tranzmigrator
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Help From Canadian/USA Expats Sep 17, 2012
Life isn't easy for Canadian's right now with all the visa issues. IT is not a good industry because there are plenty of guys from the subcontinent who would work for a very low salary.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum