Good Places In Burdubai To Rent

Topic locked
good places in burdubai to rent Jan 29, 2007
i am looking for a studio or 1 bedroom in any area but im in dbur dubai and used to it now.

to cut a long story short, i am offered a studio apartment in golden sands area, good building, well kept, loads of facilities, and all in price is 80,000.
i know it maybe a little high, but with no bills to pay and no 5% land tax, i think it beats looking all over the place.

your thoughts?

also, the building is a good one, not like the dirty dank looking places the unfortunate locals seem to have to live in

dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 30, 2007
i am just down the road from golden sands and it's a nice area can't really say if the rent is to high but you don't have any bills so thats a bonus.
good luck hope you get settled soon
emurella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: good places in burdubai to rent Jan 30, 2007
dave101 wrote:to cut a long story short, i am offered a studio apartment in golden sands area, good building, well kept, loads of facilities, and all in price is 80,000.
i know it maybe a little high, but with no bills to pay and no 5% land tax, i think it beats looking all over the place.

your thoughts?

80k is just too much for a studio in Bur Dubai.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 30, 2007
I'm in Golden Sands, and yeah, 80k sounds way too much for a studio.
iapetus11
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 30, 2007
I was looking in Gulf News and i found some 1BR apts with 75-80K per year, maybe it's a little bit high the rent for Bur Dubai? I don't know because i'm new to this town and i'm still try to figure out :)
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2007
Greekman wrote:I was looking in Gulf News and i found some 1BR apts with 75-80K per year, maybe it's a little bit high the rent for Bur Dubai? I don't know because i'm new to this town and i'm still try to figure out :)

For a studio 80 is very high. Even at the Greens (which is overrated) a studio goes for less than 70 - and they have some awesome facilities.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 31, 2007
i cant seem to find greens for less that 80,000, and as all bills are in, i think i will just take it, its nice enough, and the company will pay for it all anyway.

i wouldnt say im having my eyes taken out, but it beats the hassle of searching around too much,

im not sure what 'awesome' facilities are available in the greens, but it sounds interesting......
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 31, 2007
80K is too much for studio even in Golden Sands area, few months ago when I looked in that area, I might get it for 75000 for a 1BR (the new high rised apartment just behind/next to Centrepoint). Some other apts in that area also ranged 75-85K for 1BR.

Sure mostly they are non-furnished and you have to pay your own DEWA bills. But for a single in a studio it won't cost you more than 500 AED per month for DEWA (electricity, water, sewerage, housing tax).

FYI, I got a quite nice apt just opposite Burjuman, behind Regent Palace Hotel for 65K for 1BR with 1 big living room, 1 big kitchen and 1 full bathroom (total about 80sqm, quite big comparing other apts I saw with the same price range), swimming pool view (it's not on the roof top as commonly it is). I live with wife and one child, we pay our DEWA bills which cost around 400 (winter) - 800 (summer). That with consumption of 18/24 hours TV, 24/24 hours computer, heater/AC, and lots of water.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 13, 2007
well dammit maybe ive been had then.

still its always a case of 'look what you could of had' as al my friends are in big places, but im settled here, maybe next year i will be older and wiser.....maybe
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 13, 2007
Im in what looks like one of the nicer buildings in the Golden Sands area and am paying 60k for a studio. So it does look like you paid well over the odds
Rosbif71
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum