Good Advice On School And Living In Dubai

Topic locked
Good advice on school and living in Dubai Apr 08, 2006
We are considering moving to Dubai, and have been informed that it is key to reduce transportation time.

What would be a good area to live in (European family with 2 young children) if working in internet or media city?... and which schools in those areas can be recommended (important for us that they are international - not only British or American pupils)?

We would like to live in a house - but it is also important for us that there are other children to play with in neighbouring houses and preferably common playareas/swimmingpool.

Also interested in knowing prospects and considerations for spouses to work in Dubai (I have an MBA).

All advice appreciated

giraf
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 08, 2006
Welcome!

We have many threads that offer advice on living and working in Dubai. Please use the search function in the top menu to assist you in finding info.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks-already tried it Apr 08, 2006
Dear Kanelli,

Thanks for your suggestion, but apart from finding your useful reply to someone else with similar question about accomodation areas close to internet city, I have not been able to get much useful information out of the searches I have made - too many irrellevant postings come up - I'll try again .

Thanks
giraf
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 08, 2006
search on username Gabs

she is the school expert here, you will find she has posted some really good info n schols, costs, uniforms etc.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 08, 2006
Your requirements are quite specific so I can suggest living in Um Suqeim. Jumeirah is also very popular. There are a lot of villa (townhouse) complexes with communal swimming pools.
Both are on the right side of Sheik Zayed road to avoid traffic 2 and from work.
The nearest school is Emirates International http://www.eischool.com.
However, the other British and American schools only refer to the curriculum, and have a mix of nationalities.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Thanks for your specific reply Apr 09, 2006
Thanks for your specific reply, I now know a bit more about where to start and will immediately take a look at the school on the internet
giraf
Dubai Forum Guest

Apr 11, 2006
You may find this site helpful

http://dwc.hct.ac.ae/expatinfo/
leighbutler
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 11, 2006
Near Internet City there is Emirates Hills. For villas look at the Springs, The Meadows and The Lakes. For flats The Greens or try Dubai Marina.

But anywhere in Uum Suqeim or Jumeirah is close enough, and there are very nice villas (although expensive)

Emirates Hill is an area favoured by expats. I will be moving shortly to a flat in the Greens and the communal areas are great, lovely green areas, playground for children, pool, bbq area, etc. I have many friends with children in The Springs and Lakes and they seem to like it too.

What ages are your children? I have gathered some info about nurseries, as I have a 2 year-old boy.You could PM me and I could give you some names. I will soon start visiting primary schools, as soon as I am settled. There are many options, but in general I believe that the quality of schools is quite high. Where about in Europe are you from?

I have just been in Dubai for 2 months, and there are some nice playgroups and plenty of activities for children. So it's a nice place to live.

Hope this is useful

J
Julieta
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum