Expat Packages

Topic locked
  • Reply
Expat packages Aug 20, 2007
Can anyone tell me what a typical Expat package is these days-for 2008? Thanks

uk4me
Dubai Forum Guest
Posts: 2

  • Reply
Re: Expat packages Aug 20, 2007
uk4me wrote:Can anyone tell me what a typical Expat package is these days-for 2008? Thanks


Nobody can tell you this.

Perhaps if you told us what field you were in, what nationality you are, what experience you have in your field, what experience you have in the GCC... then we could give you a ball park figure, but even that figure is subject to 10,000 AED per month variance.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts
User avatar
Posts: 5290

  • Reply
Aug 21, 2007
I have 11 years experience in my field of business management. I am a U.S. citizen married to a non-US citizen. I don't have any experience in the GCC. I have been living overseas for 7 years.
I am looking for what a good salary would be for Dubai. Also, what kind of housing, car, school, moving allowance I should ask for.
My husband and I would like to move in to a nice residential neighborhood instead of an apartment complex-could you tell me the average price-or at least the minimum?
Thank you for your help.
uk4me
Dubai Forum Guest
Posts: 2

  • Reply
Aug 21, 2007
uk4me wrote:I have 11 years experience in my field of business management. I am a U.S. citizen married to a non-US citizen. I don't have any experience in the GCC. I have been living overseas for 7 years.
I am looking for what a good salary would be for Dubai. Also, what kind of housing, car, school, moving allowance I should ask for.
My husband and I would like to move in to a nice residential neighborhood instead of an apartment complex-could you tell me the average price-or at least the minimum?
Thank you for your help.


You have to be more precise, what is your field of business management?

Perhaps try the search function too to see what other responses have been given, this question does get asked on a weekly basis.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts
User avatar
Posts: 5290

  • Reply
Sep 04, 2007
i am english, with a degree in business management, i only have 3 years experiece but i am dubai sales manager for a small english firm.

i get 20,000AED/month all in.
small pokey flat costs towards 7000AED/month
renting a car costs 1700-2000AED/month

i would expect you to get a bit more than this, ps im 24.
if u have more questions, pm me
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter
Posts: 143

  • Reply
Sep 10, 2007
dave101 wrote:i am english, with a degree in business management, i only have 3 years experiece but i am dubai sales manager for a small english firm.

i get 20,000AED/month all in.
small pokey flat costs towards 7000AED/month
renting a car costs 1700-2000AED/month

i would expect you to get a bit more than this, ps im 24.
if u have more questions, pm me


thanks dave, this goes a long way in my package negotiation next week :)
studstar
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 209

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Last post