Dragon Mart?

Topic locked
Dragon Mart? Jan 02, 2006
Anyone here visited this new Chinese Mart and can report what it is like ?? Also where is it lol ?

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 02, 2006
it's a huge place just like a shopping center but full of Chinese shops, they sell everything e.g furniture, clothing, accessories, eletrical stuff, carpets etc..... but not fully open yet.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 02, 2006
Yup,

Second that one. Wait a while to see if more shops open up. It must be only 30% occupied.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 02, 2006
it's bloody huge for one.

you can find it on the Al Khail road when you are headed out towards Hatta and Oman, just past the section in Ras Al Khor where all the mechanical shops are. it's on the right just past the Emarat station.
you can't miss it.
moonbaby
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 03, 2006
Be careful when you buy anything with fur or fur trim on it, even furry ornaments, chances are it's dog or cat fur!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 03, 2006
Chocoholic-EEEEW!!! Heaps of cheap stuff there but when we've been it doesn't open until 4.30pm so check opening times first. Some real bargains there tho' and worth the effort of sorting thru' the tacky stuff!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Be careful when you buy anything with fur or fur trim on it, even furry ornaments, chances are it's dog or cat fur!

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA. these chinese fakers even started selling pet's furs!!!!! HAHAHHA :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 04, 2006
yup... dog's and cat's fur are much cheaper than the aritificial fur.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Dragon Mart? Jan 05, 2006
arniegang wrote:Anyone here visited this new Chinese Mart and can report what it is like ?? Also where is it lol ?

I've been there a few times, I like it they pretty much have everything for sale their, furry trinkets for your mobile, to scooters, to bed covers, to tractors, to inflateable couches.

Also cat fur or not you have to admit chinese quality on the whole has improved drastically over the last decade or so hehehehe.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jan 05, 2006
Yeah well just remember, the cat who provided the fur for that mobile trinket died in agony and was skinned alive for your furry pleasure - sicko!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 05, 2006
if u wanna think on them terms ... then nothin in life is gotta be worn or eaten u feel me ... cause one way or the other everything has caused either an animal or a human harm in givin it or gettin it ... so best is to be ignorant an live it up ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Jan 05, 2006
Bikes r pretty cheap ..u can get a 350 cc city bike for under AED 5000
algren
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 05, 2006
Thanks everyone for your advice.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 07, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah well just remember, the cat who provided the fur for that mobile trinket died in agony and was skinned alive for your furry pleasure - sicko!

How can u know? they must have drugged the cat. By the time the cat woke up , he was in heaven.! BTW my cat is saviour of ALL cats!!! Like my cat whom u see in the avatar killing catkillers in scarface style!!!
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 07, 2006
You obviosuly missed the fuss that was in ALL media around the world recently condeming the barbaric Chinese fur trade! PLus the thread I posted on it, showing the CHinese skinning cats, dogs and racoons alive.

Anyway so long as it doesn't have fur on it, then that's fine, there are some good bargins.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 07, 2006
once my chinese friend showed me a photo two poor baby foxes in cage. I asked em y did u lock em in cage? He told me they will sell in market for fur!!! Damn those were cute cubs.
hashman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 07, 2006
Good to have u back Hash! Lol U r 12dailypro member? Cool like moi :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 07, 2006
i live in the apartment of dargon mart.
if you don't know the way, just follow my car. i drive to work in Deira very day. :)
I only have been a few times in dragon mart. things are cheap. the quanlity depends on the price.
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 07, 2006
Getting there is kind of hard.

It's pretty big, and I think that people furnishing/completing their hourses/villas will appreciate the basic bathroom/toilet/marbles ...etc.

It's cheap as per compared to Dubai, but not as cheap as I imagined Chinese merchandise would be.

The only thing I found worthwhile was this shop that sold chairs/stools ..etc. Very very nice with a trans-modern/70s theme. You can get very nice desk chairs much better looking/practical than IKEA's for 200-300 Dhs, their equivalent in IKEA being in the 700-1000 margin.
Linda_Stuiv
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum