Blummin Visa's

Topic locked
blummin visa's May 19, 2005
hello all you knowledge-superior expats - please help!

i am coming out to work in dubai in the next few weeks, so no problem there with the employment visa. however, my girlfriend is coming out with me and has no work arranged.

can she simply turn up at dubai airport and get a visit visa for 60 days (30 renewable)? is it your experience that we should arrange one in advance??

cheers guys and gals

mass

Massey On Tour
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 19, 2005
Depends on the nationality.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

visa's May 19, 2005
what passport does she carry? if she is british she doesn't need a visit visa, they simply stamp it in at immigration on arrival. i think the same applies to the usa.

if british have a look on the embassy website...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

great minds think alike May 19, 2005
think we must have been awnsering at the same time
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 19, 2005
Hehehe... That is funny :lol:

Canadians get a visa at the airport easily also....

Here is some detail:

Visa requirements for entering Dubai vary greatly between different nationalities and it is always advised to check regulations before travelling. Currently, every nationality entering the UAE needs a visa except citizens of GCC countries (Gulf Cooperation Council: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia) expatriate residents of the GCC (certain nationalities and professions) and British citizens with the right of abode in the UK. The following citizens of Europe also receive visas on arrival citizens of : Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the Vatican.

In addition, nationals from Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Korea in Asia, as well as those from the United States of America and Canada also now receive Visas on arrival.

GCC nationals can stay more or less as long they like. British citizens can stay for a month and then apply for a visa for a further two months. European, American, South African and Australian citizens may obtain a visit visa from the UAE embassy in their respective countries before departure. Please note that Israelis and travellers whose Passports bear Israeli stamps will be denied a visa.

OTHER NATIONALITIES

For all other nationalities, a visa must be applied for before the visitor enters the country either through their respective embassy, a local UAE sponsor or a local hotel.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 19, 2005
cheers for all your help

dbxsoul - she is british, so should get it stamped at immigration - how long does this last and is it renewable??

mass
Massey On Tour
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 19, 2005
Massey On Tour wrote:cheers for all your help

dbxsoul - she is british, so should get it stamped at immigration - how long does this last and is it renewable??

mass

Liban answered ur question. Learn to read first! :D

Note if ur gf has isreali stamp on it , I have tip for u which worked for my freinds. Tell the officer that you want to say something in person and after she is in the interogation room, she should tell the offcer that she was smuggled into isreal for prosti.. and swear some anti-Semite words like kabala sabbala (but dont mean it!) ,then tell the officer that she wants to start a new life in Dubai and if the officer is male ask her to do some belly dancing. The officer will mesmerized and BOOM u r in Dubai with the star of David! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2005
sniper has shown me the error of my ways (as usual, in the most unhelpful way).

cheers liban / dbxsoul - in respect of your greatness i will seek literacy training
Massey On Tour
Dubai Expat Wannabe

he who has the last laugh... May 20, 2005
mmmmmmmm...... well if anything the forum does get intresting!

maybe we should post a section on ....

Dubai Prison - 10 ways to leave with your virginity intact
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2005
Massey On Tour wrote:sniper has shown me the error of my ways (as usual, in the most unhelpful way).

cheers liban / dbxsoul - in respect of your greatness i will seek literacy training

LOL I was jk bro :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum