ADVISE REQ- FEMALE RELOCATING FROM UK TO DUBAI

Topic locked
ADVISE REQ- FEMALE RELOCATING FROM UK TO DUBAI Jan 25, 2007
I am relocating to Dubai in August 2007 with work and was wondering if anyone can help me ?

I am a female and was wondering if its easy to make friends for nights out with fellow expats ?

Is it easy to get shared accomodation with fellow expats in Central Dubai and I am looking at paying 3500 Dirham a month ?

Is car finance easy to get ?

I am big rugby fan and often fly to London to watch England at Twickenham and help in my local rugby club, is there any good rugby teams to watch and maybe get involved with ?

I appreciate any help as I am very nervous about the move and want some reassurance.... Looking forward to move and experincing Dubai !

vagababe
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 25, 2007
Good luck with the move to Dubai. I too am heading over around March this year. So i cannot give any advice I'm sorry... However, I thought I might go along with you with the rugby as I too am a huge fan and would be looking to play when I come over. Any/Many teams? (Do they play indoors? lol too hot!!)
PTMike
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 26, 2007
You need to define "central" dubai better. Better yet, find out where your offices are, and post it here. Dubai is a complex quilt of hotspots, with the passages between each hotspot being very congested.

3500 dirhams/month for rent will probably get you a room in a shared villa where you would be sharing with 3-4 other people. To be honest, 3500 dirhams/month will not get you much. To give you an idea of prices, gulf news newspaper, dubaipropertymatch.com and expatriates.com will all give you an idea of what you can expect to pay.

You're female, so if you're decent looking, don't smell, and don't have a bad attitude, you can expect to receive a ridiculous amount of attention from men.

Best way to meet other women however would most likely be through sports to be honest with you. Some of my female friends have managed to join a female softball league, and thats turned out really well for them.

Car financing is not difficult, there are car buyback programs I have heard of, maybe someone else on the board can tell you about it.

If you're a good rugby player, I know of a female team that is looking for players (their team is sponsored, and they've been sent on trips to play rugby outside of the UAE, including an all expenses paid trip to another country on a private plane for sponsorship purposes)

Good luck.
djl
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum