Actual Cost To Rent A Villa???

Topic locked
Actual cost to rent a villa??? Apr 26, 2007
I have been reading the forums for months and researching my move to dubai. I have receieved an offer and my housing allowance is 40K US or 145K drm???

I have looked at villa rents on line that span the gammet. What is the real going rate for a 3 bedroom villa in the springs, arabian ranches area or anything in and around the montgomerie dubai or dubai sports city.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thank You

billystyle
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 27, 2007
3 bedroom (2200sqm) in the Springs are renting between 220-245k aed.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 27, 2007
Thanks for the heads up,

If that area is truly that expensive, where can I go on my budget. I am looking to spend roughly 42K US per year. I have found some places in the Mirdiff area for around 110K DM and even thought I saw a couple in the springs for mabye 160K DM

I have a 3 and 4 year old that are used to being outside quite a bit in the back yard so I am trying to figure out what it will take to get something with a play area or back yard.

Also, are there any laws or restrictions on children of the opposite sex sharing a bedroom? I could always find a two bedroom or a two bedroom wtih a study that could double as a bedroom.

Thanks Again for your help
billystyle
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 28, 2007
billystyle wrote:Thanks for the heads up,

If that area is truly that expensive, where can I go on my budget. I am looking to spend roughly 42K US per year. I have found some places in the Mirdiff area for around 110K DM and even thought I saw a couple in the springs for mabye 160K DM

I have a 3 and 4 year old that are used to being outside quite a bit in the back yard so I am trying to figure out what it will take to get something with a play area or back yard.

Also, are there any laws or restrictions on children of the opposite love sharing a bedroom? I could always find a two bedroom or a two bedroom wtih a study that could double as a bedroom.

Thanks Again for your help

Your budget will not get you into Springs Meadows and certainly not Ranches, Mirdif looks best for you, as far as I know they have no regulations as to children of the opposite s.e.x sharing a room, although obviously at some time it would have to stop. Don't forget if you are looking for a garden, with grass etc. add an additional 600-700 per month for watering.
Good Luck
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 30, 2007
You can't get into a 3 bedroom in the springs or meadows but you can get into a 2 bedroom villa. I wouldn't say they are overly spacious but its decent and livable. Around 1600 sqm of living space - 2 bedrooms on top, lounge, kitchen and study downstairs. If you get an "end villa" you have a fair bit more yard space and an area you can use as an extra car bay. I saw a couple of nice ones last week with full lake views (rear) for 135-145k.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 30, 2007
Thank You all for the input.

I should be coming over for an inspection visit in the next few weeks. I plan to look at Housing, car leasing and other routine stuff like gorcery stores etc.

Any advice on questions I should ask on any subject or how to go about getting a good feel for things.
billystyle
Dubai Forums Member

May 02, 2007
billystyle wrote:Any advice on questions I should ask on any subject or how to go about getting a good feel for things.

Thats as vague as asking whether the sky is blue.

Specifics? Housing, car rental, etc. ?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 02, 2007
I have just done the hunting for a villa thing.

You can get 2 bedrooms + 1 office in Springs for around 140k.

It's not the biggest, but may be a solution to your needs.

Don't even bother looking for 3 bedroom in the main Dubai areas of villas such as Springs / Meadows with a 145k budget.

Mirdif as mentioned is an option - but depending on where you will be working or want the children to go to school it is pretty remote...

I wouldn't worry about kids sharing bedrooms - should be ok.

With regards playing outside - do bear in mind that from next month as I understand it (newish to Dubai) through to end August they won't be going outside much due to the heat.
Pandaros
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 02, 2007
Hey thanks for the up to date info on villas.

I know it will be miserable in the summer but we will be coming from Arizona so the heat will not be too much of an adjustment.

Since you were there recently, did you do any research on leasing a vehicle? Any information regarding the aquisition of a car would be helpful

Thanks Again,

Also, can someone explain to me what the 5% surcharge on rentals is all about? Is this a form of tax paid to the Gov't or what?
billystyle
Dubai Forums Member

May 05, 2007
We have just moved this weekend in a Springs villa with 3 bedrooms plus study for 170k aed annual rent - and finding a place was a nightmare!
We have two kids and wanted to have some kind of a green area where the kids can run - thats why the Springs was our only affordable option. And I still think we pay way too much for what you get!

You will see that the 2 br villas are very small - specially if you are used to living space from back home. If you work in the Internet City/Media City area - living in Mirdif at least for us was a no-go - too far away!
I hope you will not be disappointed with the whole housing issue - be prepared for crazy rent prices and try not to make the mistake of paying any deposit/full yearly cheques and finding another family living in the house by the time you want to move in. Have the money ready - look at the house - decide on the spot and move in asap!

Good luck!
Julia

ps: our kids (girl and boy) 2 and 4 share a room and it has so far not crossed my mind that we do something wrong....
wegulia
Dubai Forum Guest

May 05, 2007
billystyle wrote:Hey thanks for the up to date info on villas.

I know it will be miserable in the summer but we will be coming from Arizona so the heat will not be too much of an adjustment.

Since you were there recently, did you do any research on leasing a vehicle? Any information regarding the aquisition of a car would be helpful

Thanks Again,

Also, can someone explain to me what the 5% surcharge on rentals is all about? Is this a form of tax paid to the Gov't or what?

5% surcharge is billed on your DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority) bill on a monthly basis, calculated as follows Rental Dhs. 150,000.00 x 5% / 12 = Dhs. 625.00 it is titled as Housing Fee and is basically a tax which goes eventually to Dubai Municipality to cover upkeep of the City. Roads, Lighting, Landscaping etc.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 05, 2007
sage & onion wrote:5% surcharge is billed on your DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority) bill on a monthly basis, calculated as follows Rental Dhs. 150,000.00 x 5% / 12 = Dhs. 625.00 it is titled as Housing Fee and is basically a tax which goes eventually to Dubai Municipality to cover upkeep of the City. Roads, Lighting, Landscaping etc.

I thought that all of the maintenance (road, lighting, landscaping, rubbish collection) throughout the springs was done by EMAAR and is paid for by the residents?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 06, 2007
benwj wrote:
sage & onion wrote:5% surcharge is billed on your DEWA (Dubai Electricity and Water Authority) bill on a monthly basis, calculated as follows Rental Dhs. 150,000.00 x 5% / 12 = Dhs. 625.00 it is titled as Housing Fee and is basically a tax which goes eventually to Dubai Municipality to cover upkeep of the City. Roads, Lighting, Landscaping etc.

I thought that all of the maintenance (road, lighting, landscaping, rubbish collection) throughout the springs was done by EMAAR and is paid for by the residents?

Yes it is within the development, however the housing fee is for all public areas and utilities.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum