Your Opinion, Is It Worthy Going To A Concert??

Topic locked
your opinion, is it worthy going to a concert?? Feb 04, 2007
I was looking forward to going to shakira's concert, but after I looked at the prices it made me wonder if it is worthy ( my husband thinks it is not), unless you have the $900+ for the cage tickets and you can see her close by, or you are tall enough. I remember going to concerts back home, I even went to shakira's when she was starting ( I am also colombian) but tickets there are cheap, and it is in an stadium where there are stairs and you have better vision if you are not at the front. I am still thinking if I should probably buy the ones at the pit that go for almost $300, but I dont know how close I will be and I could see something besides the big screens (anyone knows?) specially since I am short. I know it is fun to go to a concert but if I cannot see the show from close by I dont know if it's really worthy spending that kind of money. What do you think??

indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 04, 2007
$900...thats insane compared to what we would pay anywhere else....or am i wrong?

but to answer your question...hmmm depends:

1) if u are going to see shakira on stage...and visually recognize her...yup...then ur better off seeing her on tv at home!

2) if u r going for her live music and to have a good time with friends...who will probably all try to master the art of detached hips when she sings "hips dont lie" ...then..yeah u will have a great time laughing and dancing....so go!

there..simple. ur problem has been solved!
cyrix
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 04, 2007
Which concert in Dubai would you pay Dhs. 3,300.00 for???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 04, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Which concert in Dubai would you pay Dhs. 3,300.00 for???

The Pink Floyd DSOTM Lineup. (i.e. Waters, Gilmour etc.)
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 04, 2007
^ian^ wrote:

You could buy them for that :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 04, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

You could buy them for that :lol:

True. I bought two.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 04, 2007
^^^ Are they lost souls in a goldfish bowl? :o
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 04, 2007
the tickets to see Shakira aren't $900...they go up to 995 AED which equals out to being about $270.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2007
bushra21 wrote:the tickets to see Shakira aren't $900...they go up to 995 AED which equals out to being about $270.

i can sleep with 4 Russian girls instead of watching this crapy show at same price :P

wat u guys say?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 04, 2007
HP wrote:
bushra21 wrote:the tickets to see Shakira aren't $900...they go up to 995 AED which equals out to being about $270.

i can sleep with 4 Russian girls instead of watching this crapy show at same price :P

wat u guys say?

whatever floats your boat.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2007
Ill pay abit....u take 3...and just gime one.

I baught a new nokia with video recording..i need to test it out anyways.
guest999

Re: your opinion, is it worthy going to a concert?? Feb 05, 2007
indi wrote:I was looking forward to going to shakira's concert, but after I looked at the prices it made me wonder if it is worthy ( my husband thinks it is not), unless you have the $900+ for the cage tickets and you can see her close by, or you are tall enough. I remember going to concerts back home, I even went to shakira's when she was starting ( I am also colombian) but tickets there are cheap, and it is in an stadium where there are stairs and you have better vision if you are not at the front. I am still thinking if I should probably buy the ones at the pit that go for almost $300, but I dont know how close I will be and I could see something besides the big screens (anyone knows?) specially since I am short. I know it is fun to go to a concert but if I cannot see the show from close by I dont know if it's really worthy spending that kind of money. What do you think??

I think you should go for it. As I personally love live rock bands. I have never missed a concert. U should understand the fact in this ever growing Dubai max of the population is of subcontinent like India, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc and max of them like Hindi ugh music. So when say A.R. Rehman or someone comes down tickets start from 75 and go above depeninding on the seats and stuff. Like a guy like a.r. rehman pulled a crowd of 30000. Now shakira is also an international star but yes she wont pull that much maybe a 2000 or 5000 or even 7000. So as per that they st up the price and plus it's once in a lifetime to see her. When rolling stones performed in Brazil 2million ppl came. Imagine if they put the ticket price like 2 dhs they already make a profit. But Dubai is coming up and hopefully ppl will come to watch other artists too. Neways thats my opinion.
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 05, 2007
HP wrote:

wat u guys say?

Does the Vanerial disease some Super Sized with that kind of offer?
bear
Dubai chat master

Feb 05, 2007
bear wrote:
HP wrote:

wat u guys say?

Does the Vanerial disease some Super Sized with that kind of offer?

No, you have to buy your own rubber.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 05, 2007
Look out guys, I can see another HP rant coming on. HP - the Horny Prophelactic?
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 05, 2007
hell no i aint payin but am going

TO JUMP HAHHAHHAHAHAHAH

DON
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Feb 05, 2007
ISH wrote:hell no i aint payin but am going

TO JUMP HAHHAHHAHAHAHAH

DON
ISH

You gonna collect coca-cola bottles and other rubbish ..........offcourse its free for u sweetheart :=).

Her hips must be witness of......... :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat